Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Mini survey - time you enter park?

Mini survey - time you enter park?

Just curious - how many of you are eager beavers - at the parks 30 minutes or more before opening and how many of you stroll on in when you feel like it? And does the park or early entry effect your decision? Planning, planning, planning...

Thanks!

2. # ADS

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Usually go in the off-season and at the parks fairly early, just usually not there BEFORE opening, though it has happened a few times.

We generally take advantage of Early Entry, and never seemed that unreasonably crowded, but after seeing some parks on their non-EE day on our last trip, we may do more lunch time park hopping. Part of the issue is that we tend to get up close to "normal" time even while on vacation, so if we didn't go to the EE park we'd be twiddling thumbs waiting for parks to open. That, and it helps to get some of the "thrill" rides done without excessive waits.

our family likes to "wing it"....for us this means -

before we leave for our WDW trip, we may make one or two PS's - but that is it. Often we will make a PS the day we are going to that restaurant. It's one of the nice things we like about going during the off season (for us this means visiting in January and/or the first week or two of Feb.).

We don't get up early in order to make it to a park prior to it's opening. However, we have kids. They dont' sleep late so more often than not we are up, showered and dressed, and spent to much on breakfast food the boys didn't eat all of and on a bus by or before the time the park opens. This is more fate than design for us. We don't rush - because for us that isn't fun.

Often, we decide the day or night before what park we will visit the next day. We decide on how we feel (are we tired - do we feel like doing a water park? putt-putt golf?) and the weather.

That is how our family does it. Also - since we are on vacation - and we want to relax and take it easy...we don't carry anything in to the parks. I mean, I might be holding a water bottle when I walk in - but usually I get them there. Yes, it's a lot more expensive. But I'm not spending my vacation hauling around a backpack or bag filled with water bottles and snacks. Yeah - I could buy one of those sling things and fill it with water - but I haven't. Our boys (7 & 9) haven't needed a stroller for years - so we are stroller free, too.

One thing we have discovered though is that WDW's "child size" meals are often more than enough for an adult. I'll often get a kids meal. Saves a bit of $, and I just hate throwing away wasted food.

Wandering lonely as a cloud...

We do early opening at the MK, then hop when it starts filling up. It's also good to get out as early as possible if you're there during the "hot" season to take advantage of the coolest part of the day, then a rest time at lunch, and back out.

The mosquito's food of choice, primitive humanoid lifeforms, have colonies all over that planet.

"some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"-311

Breakfast at Tiffany's? :)

1st Day: When the park opens
    2nd Day: Just as the park opens
    3rd Day: Whenever the kids wake up
    4th Day: Are we supposed to wake up this early?
    5th Day: Reminds self to kiss the person who invented the shader curtains for the windows...

hehe Seriously, most of the time with my girls I am up anyway, so we usually get to the park before it opens naturally but we don't race for it. Usually its between 8-10 depending on how long we get ready in the morning. PS the only exception.

Mouseplanet! 999 crazy people but there is always room for one more!!
    Maybe God wants us to meet a few wrong people before meeting the right one, so that when we finally meet the right person, we will know how to be grateful.
    Hidden Mickeys Quest II Spoilers

I usually go late August/early Sept., so crowds aren't really a problem. I tend to arrive around 9:30, and usually stay until park closing, although occasionally I hop to another park mid-day.

We find it necessary for the MK to be there when it opens to get on what we want and leave before the crowds get too bad. My kids are now 17 and 23, and we have been there many times, so it is possible to do this. I have a locker rental receipt from years ago for 7:40 am on an EE day. My family teases about getting them up and out that early, but we were able to see so much before the park opened to all that it was well worth it. We also like to get to MGM at opening to maxamize our time there. We have hopped over to both AK and EPCOT in the afternoon and not had problems there. It obviously depends on the time of year it is and the crowd level, but we find MK is the most crowded park every day, making it worth getting up early for.

As a family we are "early morning" types.

We typically get to the parks at opening 4 or 5 days during a typical trip. We try to time our arrival right at opening. I hate getting there too early.

The remaining 2 or 3 days of the trip we take it easy.

As we all know it is easy to "burn out" if you are not careful.

Cantontrebor

Yes! Queen of Buzz Lightyear!

Well, the last 2 trips, we have gotten to the park every day about 30 mins. prior to opening. Actually got to see the opening show for each park. A HUGE PLUS is that you can walk on ANYTHING a few times...my son and I rode TOT 3 times in a row one morning, no waiting!! It's awesome to do your favorite rides with no waiting and can STILL get a FP for it too! I say get there early!! You can always leave early and get rest for the next day! If you get there late, you leave late, and your late the next day...LOL

Kathie
    Keep A Smile In Your Heart!! 1/02 12/02 6/03 10/03 3/04 12/04 1/05 2/05 3/05
    "The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything that comes along their way."

Sun and Sand...Ahhhhh

We always aim for when the parks open, but people who know me well know that I am never on time for anything so we usually end up there about 15-30 minutes after the park opens

A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes

Going back to WDW in December whoo hoo!!!...

still romantic at heart

in the good ol days when the parks opened 15-30 min before the scheduled opening we would always try and be there early. now because of the changes we try to be at the turnstyles about opening time. but we sometimes are latter if we have a ps for bfasts.

Grateful for all God has done for me, and for having Wfoxx by my side.

Blog Entries

When I go with the family over the summer we leave for the parks at around 10. We usually get everything done before we leave too.
    When I went in January with the boyfriend we didn't leave until 12 because without someone nagging us to wake up we didn't feel the need to. We got everything done and mostly everything twice.

Kristin

*We generally avoid Early Entry, even though we are resort guests. We may try it at MK this year though, but then hop later in the day

*We *sometimes* get there before opening, it's fun to have an empty park. But this is usually at MK only. We may try it at AK this year for their 'awakening' ceremony. But it's still a vacation so we do sleep in on the days we don't have parks planned. I'm not a WDW Commando.

Next trip to WDW December 10-17 Wilderness Lodge for the merriest trip ever!

Who do *you* think is America's Next Top Model?

Mack and Katie's Mom

Before kids when the parks opened or slightly before. With kids, whenever they get up. To wake them up to get somewhere is just UGLY.

Currently having WDW withdrawals.
    Gotta go, gotta go, gotta go back!
    WDW - 7/83, 7/86, 3/00, 1/01, 1/03, 8/03, 1/04, 11/04, 1/05, 8/05, 9/07, 4/08, 2/09, 6/09, 6/10, 3/11, 11/11, 3/12, 6/13
    DL - 4/07

Mousse Master

All parks, every day, 30-45 minutes before they open. hehe.

Only exception would be the day after the Halloween parties that we've gone to (dont get to sleep until 130-2 am), when we usually schedule an epcot day and cruise on in around 11am or so. Other than that, we're rattling the gates to get in every day.

Check out our last trip report Here!
    Got "Shocolate Mousssse" ? CLICK HERE!

The first day I absolutely can't contain my excitement and we definitely get there early, early! I love walking down Main St. when the music starts and popping into the Blue Ribbon bakery for coffee and a treat. There is something about the start of each day at the MK that is so magical!

Hi-Ho

We are usually there at opening on early entrance days, stay until it starts to get crowded. Go back to resort for a swim/rsest and then back to a different park in the evening.