Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Wilderness Lodge Ferry

Two princesses!!

Wilderness Lodge Ferry

Another quick question for all of you Disney experts....

Does the WL ferry make any stops at the Contemporary? I know it goes to MK & Fort Wilderness, but just wondering if it makes any other stops. We are planning on eating at Chef Mickey's so we would like to take the ferry over there, then the monorail to MK. We will have our car, so we could always drive over, but what fun is that? The other option would be to take a bus over to the Contemporary. Would that be the better option? Thanks for all the great info!

Jenna
    Proud to be a DVC member!!!
    Last trip: June 8-12 BWV sans with kids
    Next trip: May 2009 (so far, far away)

2. # ADS

There is a separate ferry that goes back and forth between the Wilderness Lodge and the Contemporary. I can't recall if it makes other stops or not, but it is not the same one that goes to Fort Wilderness and MK.

-Jeff

"You're not a grown up! You're a Dad!" -ARG

Visit my website for my photos and writing
    Read my grandmother and sister's poetry at Generations Poetry

Two princesses!!

Thanks JeffG! Does it run pretty frequently throughout the day? Mainly morning is what I'm interested in.

Jenna

Quote Originally Posted by wed@wdw
    Thanks JeffG! Does it run pretty frequently throughout the day? Mainly morning is what I'm interested in.
    I think they run pretty frequently, but I don't know what the schedule was or how early they start. The only time we have ever used it was on our last trip when my wife wanted to go back to our room at the Contemporary to rest for a while after lunch at Whispering Canyon. The boat was already at the dock when we arrived, so we didn't even get an idea of how far apart they run.

-Jeff
    "You're not a grown up! You're a Dad!" -ARG

Visit my website for my photos and writing
    Read my grandmother and sister's poetry at Generations Poetry

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

IIRC, they run about every 20 mins or less in most cases. More often at the beginning and end of the day. Some of them do stop off at FW, but I cant remember if that includes the one going to/from the Contemp.

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

still romantic at heart

during all but the most crowded of times there is one boat that runs between the contempo and WL. and in the slowest time they use one boat to go to WL, FW, and the contempo. if you are planning on an early bfast at the contempo then you should probably ask the day before what times the boat starts running. if it doesn't start early enough you should still be able to catch a bus to the contempo. or at least a bus to the ttc and transfer to the contempo monorail.

be advised that the MK is the last stop from the contempo. which means it will be much faster to make the short walk to the MK from there

Grateful for all God has done for me, and for having Wfoxx by my side.

Two princesses!!

Thanks to all of you for the answers! That's just what I needed to know!

Jenna

We love the ferry service- we usually take it to the Contemporary to catch the monorail to Epcot or to do Chef Mickey's.
    From the WL - the FASTEST option for anything is the bus- but if you're not in a big rush- the ferry is just part of the whole vacation experience.

As of about 8 months ago there was a ferry loop between WL, FW and the CR. We waited about 20 minutes at the CR to catch the ferry which stayed at the dock about 10 minutes ( a change in skipper occurred so that may be the cause of the long stay at the dock). The trip between the CR and WL took around ten minutes.

Mack and Katie's Mom

Don't always count on the ferrys. We were there at the end of January, left on a tuesday. My brother checked in at Ft Wilderness the next friday (3 days away) and the ferry was down for unscheduled maintenance the whole week they were there. It made for very difficult travel for them.

Currently having WDW withdrawals.
    Gotta go, gotta go, gotta go back!
    WDW - 7/83, 7/86, 3/00, 1/01, 1/03, 8/03, 1/04, 11/04, 1/05, 8/05, 9/07, 4/08, 2/09, 6/09, 6/10, 3/11, 11/11, 3/12, 6/13
    DL - 4/07