Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Best TV coverage for Rose Bowl Parade

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

Best TV coverage for Rose Bowl Parade

So what does everyone think is the best station to watch the Parade on?
    I know being there is better but living in San Jose I can't get there this year.
    Do you think HGTV coverage will be better or local/national???
    HGTV says they will have uninterrupted coverage...HHmmm

2. # ADS

I usually switch around and compare them all until I find the one that looks the best and has the least annoying hosts.

Take my love. Take my land.
    Take me where I cannot stand.
    I don't care, I'm still free.
    You can't take the sky from me.

~Firefly~ Joss Whedon is my new master.

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

LOL..thanks Bill...I was thinking of buying the DVD from HGTV so in case I miss something...
    Every year I want to watch and I ALWAYS have some "honeydo" thing to finish and miss it. Then later watching the news or reading the paper someon e will report "Did you see the so and so float in The Rose Parade"....
    This year I told my family I'm sitting and watching the WHOLE parade..the house could burn around me and I'm NOT moving..LOL

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

In L.A., I only watch on channel 5. I've heard Home and Garden has good coverage.

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

KTLA, Channel 5 out of Los Angeles. It's a Tribune/WB station so I know some satellite and cable systems outside of LA carry it. The first time through it's commercial free. After that, KTLA just reruns it all day long so if start watching in the middle, just keep watching, it will come around again.

Adrienne

Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

Will they be showing this parade all over the country or is it just for local stations? I live in Washington and really want to see the parade.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneys Biggest Fan
    Will they be showing this parade all over the country or is it just for local stations? I live in Washington and really want to see the parade.
    If you're in the Seattle area, KOMO, KING, and KIRO will all be showing it at 8, as will the Travel Channel and HGTV. Travel Channel will be replaying the parade at 10:30.
    "Oook!"

The great thing about HGTV is they play the parade in its entirety all day. KTLA will show the whole parade the first broadcast and then show only the first two hours of the parade in subsequent broadcasts. That isn't a big deal unless you are like me and you are looking for friends who are in the parade at the end!!!!! If it wasn't for HGTV then I probably wouldn't see them at all.

KTLA, channel 5, ever since Channel 11 lost the position at the corner of Colorado and Orange Grove. (They used to be proud that they showed both sides, front, back, and top of all the floats. Ever since that camera position was moved... the right-hand sides of the floats tend to be better than the left.)

Broadcast pioneer Klaus Landsberg selected KTLA's camera positions in 1948, and they are now the best. KTLA -- now part of a media conglomerate, but still keeping some of the pioneer spirit of the the station -- runs the Parade all day, from coverage staring at 6 am, to the Parade at 8 (with no interruptions, just occasional supered plugs between parade units), re-running it all day (I'm not sure if they take any of it out or not) until News@10, which just got the trendy "@" a few years ago.

Check your local listings for Bob Eubanks and Stephanie Edwards.

--t

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BradysGirl
    The great thing about HGTV is they play the parade in its entirety all day. KTLA will show the whole parade the first broadcast and then show only the first two hours of the parade in subsequent broadcasts.
    Actually, they don't cut it off after 2 hours. They play it to the end in the repeats, too. I know because it usually takes us two or three times to see the whole parade, lol. I think that what they do is cut out some of the "silent" time. I know they can use editing tricks to speed it up a bit, too, so they might do that.

Adrienne
    Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

Cycling enthusiast

I got the DW a TiVo for Christmas and have it set up for the HGTV broadcast. That way she can sleep in and watch it from the beginning when she's ready.

Last Disneyland trip: July 22-24
    8135 miles on the bike in 2007
    2008: last ride 66 miles, 1734 miles total

Thumbs up I prefer the HGTV broadcast...

...Mostly because they show it with NO commercial interruptions. Every other station that shows the parade in the Sacramento, CA do have commercial interruptions.

Raymond in Sacramento, CA

Hacker, nonmammaltarian, Warrior Andrew's Avatar

Tomorrow morning it will definitely be KTLA. When we're home in the Bay Area, it's KRON-4, which carries the KTLA feed. It wouldn't be the Rose Parade without Bob and Stephanie!

--
    Andrew [

Buy my stuff on Amazon! (books, DVDs, etc) - all proceeds go to Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Team in Training fundraising!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    It wouldn't be the Rose Parade without Bob and Stephanie!
    Amen!

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

It was fun watching on the news today as they moved some of the floats from Duarte to Pasadena. Maybe the weather will hold up...

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...