Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Filling up water bottles at Disneyland and DCA

Filling up water bottles at Disneyland and DCA

Ok, first off, I know there has been some discussion of this before, but I just need more info

First question: Does security currently allow you to take a full, unopened bottle of water into the parks? (i.e. bottle of Aquafina or Arrowhead)

second question: When refilling your own water bottle, where are the best locations? Which restaurants have cold, filtered water outside for cups of water(i.e. Rancho del Zocalo has one) Please also include locations in DCA

The only one that I know of is outside of Rancho Del Zocalo, but I need more locations so I don't have to treak back there everytime I want to fill up my water bottle

2. # ADS

There's an outdoor tap outside of the French Market over by the coffee window area.

Hi
    I have never had any problem taking bottled water into the park. I usually take a few so I don't need refills, but my friend got hers refilled at the Blue Bayou when we ate lunch there.

Most of the drinking fountains seem pretty cold to me, I just refill there or in the bathroom sinks. Anaheim water doesn't taste too bad.

First Aid has a big Sparkletts-type 5 gal bottled water cooler in it's lobby with paper cups. Don't know how thrilled they'd be if you placed your personal bottle under there to refill it, however.

BTW, I'm pretty certain those water fountains that are designed for filling cups that you find throughout the park, aren't filtered in any way. I believe they are just chilled.

The last time I used the one at The Plaza Inn, the water tasted extremely scanky. French Market's was okay.

Opus1guy

kbanmen

I refill my bottles at the mexican rest at DR...there is a water place just in the outside eating area..I also get ice from inside (just tell a CM and they say no problem)..to me this is the best place to refill

Just adding my two cents:

I might be a "water snob" but I think the water in Anaheim tastes yucky. I don't even like to brush my teeth with it.

I always take bottled water, and have never had a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by VickiC
    Most of the drinking fountains seem pretty cold to me, I just refill there or in the bathroom sinks. Anaheim water doesn't taste too bad.

eeeeeewwwww!!!!

Sorry, coming from Salt Lake City where the water we drink comes from the mountains a few miles away, most other city water isn't that great

kbanmen

I do agree with EMma..enaheim water isnt that great..its worse in fullerton but at the mexican restaurant it tastes good..(maybe they purify it or something)

eeeeeewwwww!!!!
    Sorry, coming from Salt Lake City where the water we drink comes from the mountains a few miles away, most other city water isn't that great
    Do you think that the drinking fountain water comes from its own special pipe or something? It's all the same water that goes in the fountain, sinks, toilets, etc.
    I'd be more wary of water coming from the mountains...full of animal stuff. lol. Just kidding. i don't put much thought into water. it's all the same to me.
    Last edited by the mad hatter; 11-23-2004 at 01:24 PM.

kbanmen

I love mountain water. I am from a small town in canada (now live in california) and that water was sooooooo good...

I noticed the drinking fountains at DL taste ok

I don't mind the water in the drinking fountains, but for filling up a water bottle, I would rather fill one up with colder water like at Rancho Del Zocalo in Disneyland.

As for filling up in the bathrooms, I guess it is just me, but I just cant get myself to fill up from a sink where people wash their hands after using the toilets.

Anyone know of a good tap in DCA?

kbanmen

thats the name of the mexican restaurnat in DL Rancho Del Zocalo ..couldnt remember it..thats a good place for water

Official Archeologist

just my 2 cents, but the best cold water I ever found was at the water fountain next to the waterfall on Tom Sawyer Island. It's a bit of a stretch to get there, but it was really cold.

Spirit of Adventure Tours (Wish I could update more often...)

I work too hard.

Club Buzz has an outdoor tap for filling up cups too. Can't think of any at dca like that.