Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: What's the difference between: presented, hosted and sponsored by?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    About 90 cents a day!!!

What's the difference between: presented, hosted and sponsored by?

many of the places at DLR have the above sayings...but what is the exact difference?

http://www.youtube.com/awinner <---Some good Disney videos
    www.andrewwinner.com
    awinner's blogsite
    "I don't know why they call it Hamburger Helper, it does just fine by itself"

About 90 cents a day!!!

bump....anyone know?

www.andrewwinner.com
    awinner's blogsite

Team MousePlanet
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Didn't mean to ignore you, Andrew. I have two theories, and I have no idea which is correct, if at all.

1) It may depend on the amount of money the companies give to Disney. Of course, the question becomes, "what is worth more?" No se.

2) It may be some marketing guy saying, "It sounds better THIS way." and have nothing to do with level of patronage.

MousePlanet Staff Copy Editor. Keep calm and carry on! Learn how you can travel with just your carry-ons, at my Travelite FAQ! Go Team MousePlanet! My dream came true! I qualified for the 2016 Boston Marathon. Required finish time: 4:00. My BQ time: 3:54:48! All-time marathons completed: 11; halfs: 45.

It's All About the Benjamins....

I would bet $$ that it is in fact about sponsorship and how much money was shelled out. More then likely there is a matrix somewhere at TDC that lists how much cash gets you which type of affiliation on signage. It is even figured out down to which company would get top billing if two companies collaborated on a sponsorship. I would even guess that there is a person, who's whole career is to make these determinations. How fun.... Zzzzzzz You will also note that depending on the agreement, some brands are more noticeable then others, again depending on the financial agreement. The big thing now is product 'branding' and name recognition.

By the way, this message sponsored by, "My Lack of a Social Life."

Good times.

HOSTED = Resturanant or food service of some kind.

PRESENTED BY = Attraction of some sort(sometimes a shop).

Sponsered by???.......Name something that is "sponsered". I can't think of any.

~Jeff

Kung Fu Superstar

ALL OF THEM: The same thing.

I AM THE KING OF NO PANTS

Been a member way too long.
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff

I believe the first two are in regard to complete sponsorship, whereas just the term SPONSORED mean that a donation was made, however not to cover the entire attractuon.
    If I had Disneyland all to myself, what would I do? What would anyone else do...scuba dive the Sub Lagoon.

About 90 cents a day!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff

When I think of hosted, i think that they are paying for the stuff....for example...the baby care place is hosted (i think by carnation), but when you go there and ask for a spare diaper or some emergency item for your baby, they charge you...and its expensive too. But if you goto the 1st aid, which is not sponsored by anyone, they will give out free tylenol and basic supplies. It makes no sense...the items in the nursery should be free (of course on a limited basis)
    www.andrewwinner.com
    awinner's blogsite