Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: My Disney Top 5 - Things to See in Epcot's Mexico Pavilion

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

My Disney Top 5 - Things to See in Epcot's Mexico Pavilion

My Disney Top 5 - Things to See in Epcot's Mexico Pavilion by Chris Barry

Chris highlights the very best of the Mexico pavilion in World Showcase.

Read it here!

2. # ADS

La Cava del Tequila is our must do. We've been going there since before it was "discovered". Used to be you could just walk in and no one was there but now it seems there is always a line. We've never liked the San Angel Inn. I think living in San Diego we have a different expectation of "Mexican food" and it is not what you get there. Granted, it's been many years since we have ventured to eat there so maybe it's changed. I don't think I ever knew there was a mickey in the volcano so will definitely be looking for that on our next trip.

------------------------------------------
    The Entrapment: A thrilling, escape room experience
    http://www.theentrapment.com

Great article, Chris! I've never put a name to it before, but "instant kid" is perfect, it exactly describes the feeling I'm after at Disney too! Seeing Mickey in person always gets me, but Space Mountain is my ride of choice for this. I can't stop laughing after the first trip and have to go again right away! So much fun!

I somehow have few memories of visiting Mexico: I know I've been inside the pavilion, but I don't think I've spent much time there in trips past. The ride and restaraunts sound great, and that atmosphere is incredible! What a good and lovely idea to make it nighttime. Definitely will be on my list to explore much more thoroughly next time!

Last edited by OrangeB; 08-18-2017 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Typo

Great list this week! I love the Mexico pavilion, and we eat there often (despite the fact that we live only about 200 miles from the Mexican border and get great Mexican food all the time). The restaurants are definitely the highlight of the pavilion, and they're all excellent. Both the San Angel Inn and La Hacienda de San Angel serve interior-style Mexican, which is very different from the tacos, enchiladas and burritos that most people think of when they hear "Mexican food."

If you can plan it, dining at La Hacienda de San Angel during IllumiNations is truly one of the most spectacular experiences you can have at Epcot. We usually make reservations for about 45 minutes to an hour before the start of IllumiNations, and that way we're starting dessert right about the time IllumiNations starts. We try to do this at least once every other trip (we usually alternate between the two restaurants from trip to trip, just for some variety), and it's a must-do if you've got newbies with you.

For anyone who's never dined at either of these table-service locations, don't go in thinking you're getting Tex-Mex or Cal-Mex food. It's fine dining using the flavors and colors of different regions of Mexico.

And I do love the perpetual "night" feel of the pavilion, too. In a lot of ways, it's like the Blue Bayou at Disneyland, complete with boats full of park guests passing by one end of the restaurant. If I had had a house large enough, I'd love to have a game room or media room decorated like this.