Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Walt Disney World Resort Update for August 15-21, 2017

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Walt Disney World Resort Update for August 15-21, 2017

Walt Disney World Resort Update for August 15-21, 2017 by Alan S. Dalinka

Relaunched Mission: SPACE is a go! | Goodbye to Great Movies and Ellen | Food & Wine Festival Party Reservations Now Include Concert Seating | Saluting the 82nd Airborn | Jingle BAM! Dessert Party Reservations Open | Views around the World

Read it here!

2. # ADS

I understand that this question has been asked and answered many times before but here I go anyway.
    What happens to the regular WDW restaurants during the Food and Wine festivals? Do the regular restaurants notice a significant drop in traffic? How does Disney keep from cannibalizing itself?

the video displays always seemed to bother my eyes no matter which version of the attraction I visited.
    You jogged my memory of looking at the video screens while traveling on an airplane and looking outside the windows of an airplane. Your eyes seems to get drawn cross eyed. That's just a natural occurrence of a screen that's too close to your eyes. Your eyes seem to focus on the glass instead of the outside image. It's harder to focus in a high pressure environment. I am now interesting in visiting the Green - Less Intense - Side. Having seen the YouTube videos, I am sure the ride isn't that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by wdwchuck View Post
    I understand that this question has been asked and answered many times before but here I go anyway.
    What happens to the regular WDW restaurants during the Food and Wine festivals? Do the regular restaurants notice a significant drop in traffic? How does Disney keep from cannibalizing itself?
    My personal observation in the last several years that I've been here in Central Florida is that the combination of the dining packages that include concert seats, table service meal plans, and Tables in Wonderland members still manage to keep the traffic pretty high in the restaurants around World Showcase. I know that I have tried walking up to Table Service restaurants only to be turned away because of all the reservations.

Regards,
    Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo996 View Post
    You jogged my memory of looking at the video screens while traveling on an airplane and looking outside the windows of an airplane. Your eyes seems to get drawn cross eyed. That's just a natural occurrence of a screen that's too close to your eyes. Your eyes seem to focus on the glass instead of the outside image. It's harder to focus in a high pressure environment. I am now interesting in visiting the Green - Less Intense - Side. Having seen the YouTube videos, I am sure the ride isn't that bad.
    It's an interesting point about an airplane window being multiple layers of glass as well. I've never had a problem looking through them and, indeed, I will often take photos through them, adding another screen to my line of sight. The Green Mission's actual physical motions are rather limited - well-less than Star Tours, Body Wars, and, particularly, Avatar-Flight of Passage.

Regards,
    Alan

Do you know if they sell the Starbucks mug ornaments year round? I didn't find any when I went last year in October and I'm hoping to find some when I go back next April.

Team ACES & EIGHTS

It's kind of fun to do the impossible.
    - Walt Disney