Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Car Service from MCO to Shades of Green

Car Service from MCO to Shades of Green

My family (wife, 10 y/o daughter, & I) are flying into MCO on Wednesday, 11/1/17, 9:00pm arrival. We are meeting my cousin and his family at Shades of Green. We are needing a car service from the airport to the resort with return to the airport on Monday, 11/6/17 around 6:30am for a 9am departure. We plan on carrying our luggage on board with us.

We don't need to stop at a grocery as my cousin will have a vehicle with him (driving from his home). We don't want to ask them to pick us up as they are driving in earlier that day and have little ones that will need to be in bed for the start of our adventure on Thursday.

Does anyone have any service that they have utilized in the past that they would recommend?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WDW: 84, 85, 87, 01, 07, 11, 13, 15, 17
    Resorts: Off-Site (84, 85, 87), Cont (01, 19), Grand FL (07), ASM (11, 13, 15), SoG (17, 19)
    DL: 75, 77, 15, 16 Off-Site (75, 77), Grand CA (15, 16)

2. # ADS

What about Magical Express? Or maybe it doesn't go to Shades of Green? I've never stayed there but I think I read some where it's a Disney hotel but has a few differences.
    But if Magical Express goes there that is your best bet. It's really easy especially if you are carrying your own luggage, just get off the plane walk to the first floor on B side and follow the signs.

Good morning. I recently had to secure very last minute arrangements for my parents from MCO to the Sanford, FL private airport, which is 45-60 minutes from the Orlando airport. I used Ultimate Town Car service (www.ultimatetowncar.com *I think) and booked the pick up online the day before they flew into Orlando, they even gave me a $15 discount for booking online. It was $106 one way after the discount, although I'd assume the r/t price for a WDW resort would be pretty competitive. Anyway, the driver was nice, professional and waiting for them in baggage claim and they found him right away and had a pleasant experience.
    That being said - and I'm no Magical Express Expert by any means - I would assume Magical Express goes to Shades of Green, I would look into that. It will cost you $0 plus tips to the driver, and it's a fairly simple and easy process.
    Good luck with your travel plans!

Car Service from MCO to Shades of Green

Hello. I have used Tiffany Town Car. Four excellent experience ones less so but it turned out okay. Last trip they were not waiting for us. It seems we needed to call when we landed. However that's an issue flying internationally as you can't use your mobile pre immigration clearance where we were hanging about for a massive 90 minutes. They did come back when I was finally able to call them.

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rph13 View Post
    What about Magical Express? Or maybe it doesn't go to Shades of Green?
    DME does not go to Shades of Green, unfortunately.

Some of the car services mentioned earlier are well known and have good reputations.
    Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

ChatterBox Supreme

Uber?

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GeminiAngel View Post
    Uber?
    You might be able to now as I believe that MCO is letting Uber / Lyft pick up now.

To be honest, though... while I would use Uber on property....I think I would consider a car service for the longer trip. Just my gut feeling.
    Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Quote Originally Posted by GusMan View Post
    You might be able to now as I believe that MCO is letting Uber / Lyft pick up now.

To be honest, though... while I would use Uber on property....I think I would consider a car service for the longer trip. Just my gut feeling.
    You've been able to do Uber before. I got one on a trip in November 2016. I was arriving later and didn't want to have a long wait for Magical Express at that time of night. You can get an estimate on their website.