Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: late flight home what do you do with bag?

late flight home what do you do with bag?

I'm coming on a short trip but my flight back home is 9pm which means I'll have most of the day in the park. My question is what do people do with their bag of overnight clothes, makeup and travel stuff? I know what you can and can not bring through security but has anyone brought their travel bag through without any problems?

Or are there lockers pre security too?

DLand/DCA-9/17,5/16,9/15,3/15,11/12,9/10,4/09,4/06,7/00
    1st time cruising ever was "Cruise to Nowhere 1/2011"

2. # ADS

There are lockers in the picnic area that are big enough. You have to have security walk you across.
    One of the hotels across the street also has lockers, Pammer uses them. Or you can leave it with most of the hotels if you are comfortable doing so.

Would it be crazy if I just walked around with all my stuff if I used a reg sized backpack? They don't mind if I have travel sized soaps etc right?

I am sure one of the homeless people on the benches outside the park will watch it for you.

"If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

I've gone through with a travel bag and so has my friend. They weren't full on suitcases or anything but more a bit bigger than a duffel bag type. It was no problems. We were able to squeeze both our bags in the largest locker outside the parks. It filled it. If you were to have a lot of luggage and traveling across to get to the Disney hotels they usually have someone in security walk you but the last time I saw that was before the change in where the bag checks are for DTD side.

A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

You could probably ask your hotel to hold your bag for you until you're ready to leave as well.

Self-Proclaimed Disney Queen! Pammer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    One of the hotels across the street also has lockers, Pammer uses them.
    This is the Anaheim Desert Inn.
    Pam
    DL trips: too many to remember actual dates, but they began in the 60s!
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021

Thanks everyone. As I will only be there overnight I'll pack super light and just carry my backpack around. Just didn't want my expensive makeup & soaps confiscated ??

ChatterBox Supreme
    Quote Originally Posted by CADisneyFam View Post
    I'm coming on a short trip but my flight back home is 9pm which means I'll have most of the day in the park. My question is what do people do with their bag of overnight clothes, makeup and travel stuff? I know what you can and can not bring through security but has anyone brought their travel bag through without any problems?

Or are there lockers pre security too?
    I don't think Disney is like TSA. You should be fine with your makeup and travel sized items. We bring water and snacks in our small backpack and suntan lotion and all types of stuff

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CADisneyFam View Post
    Thanks everyone. As I will only be there overnight I'll pack super light and just carry my backpack around. Just didn't want my expensive makeup & soaps confiscated ??
    In that case I would definitely rent a regular locker. Your makeup could melt or crack from being tossed around in the bag. At minimum, put your dirty laundry and toiletries in large zip top bags and leave those bags in a small locker and carry the things you need in the park in the backpack.

Trip report-
    As for my bag I tried to pack light knowing I had to carry it with me for two days. I packed pjs, 1 outfit, toiletries,camera,portable battery, snacks & light sweater. It did feel heavy but it was manageable & no problem going through security. Next time I will have to ditch a few things to make it lighter.

Glad you had no problems going through security.

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

We've always left ours at the bell desk(on property, have no idea if off property hotels do this). There is no charge for it and they hold it until we leave for the airport.(most of the time we are taking the late 9pm flight home)

Darlene aka MotoGP Goddess

We have had hotels lock them in their office when there is no bell services.

Some hotels will hold them and some won't. I have stayed at many that do. Which I would bet that more do in that area then don't though with knowing that many guests checking out are probably getting their last bit of time in at the parks. I know I have left bags at a couple of different ones on Harbor before and at Paradise Pier as well. All without issues.