Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Mommy/Daughter trip!

Mommy/Daughter trip!

I'm so excited to celebrate my youngest's 12th birthday at Disneyland. It will be our first Halloween trip. And in our family we are the most similar (with 2 exception) in what we want to do in the parks, so this promises to be a great trip.

1) The main difference my daughter and I have is that I am not interested in characters. It isn't her favorite thing, but she does want to meet some and get autographs and photos. But I don't want to waste a lot of time standing in line. So I am planning to do some character meals. But now I see that Chase Disney Visa has some character experiences. Neither of us are big Star Wars fans, so we are mainly interested in the one at California Adventure. What characters do you usually meet and is it really a quicker line than the regular lines?

2) Is there anything comparable to WDWs Garden Grocers?

3) My daughter really wants to do Bibidi Bobidi Boutique. We never did it before because the rest of the family thought it was a waste of our time. I kind of think the same, but I'm trying to make her birthday special. I noticed there is also now a Frozen salon in downtown Disney. I was thinking that might be better because we can do it on the morning we go to the Halloween party and don't use a park hopper. That way we aren't wasting park time. Is the frozen boutique any good?

4) We would like to do some of the premium entertainment options. For example in the past we enjoyed the Fantasmic Dessert Party that no longer exists. My travel agent gave me a great list of choices, but I would like to also hear more opinions. The things I appreciate most are not waiting in line/holding a spot for a long time, and depending on the length of the entertainment, the ability to sit during the performance. And actually, at the end of a long day I just want to sit even for a short performance.

Thanks!

2. # ADS

1) Current rotation is Daisy, Minnie, or Stitch. They change out every 20 minutes, iirc.
    2) Von's delivers and your first delivery is free with a $50 minimum.
    3) I have no idea.
    4) We have never paid for any of the options BUT I am totally considering Blue Bayou for the updated Fantasmic show. First you actually get to sit, all fast pass areas are mow standing areas. It is also my favorite area to enjoy the show from.
    I am also intrigued by World of Color dessert seating, because again you get a seat!

Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    1) Current rotation is Daisy, Minnie, or Stitch. They change out every 20 minutes, iirc.
    Is the line pretty short?

Thx

Quote Originally Posted by texasgal View Post
    Is the line pretty short?

Thx
    It used to be fairly quick. The last few times we were surprised there were waits. 30 minutes maybe? You get all of the photos by digital download now, no print.

We have done Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique 2 times. Its been a few years since we did but my daughter loved it. She was younger than your daughter when she did it and mine will be 11 in Sept. We did the full packages each time for her birthday each time. We felt it was worth it. If you do it book it for as early as you can that morning. This way she can enjoy being dressed up from morning until night. As well as she would be ready for the Halloween Party. When we did it they gave her a birthday sash, a bag for the comb they use and all the makeup/polish they used as well to take with. I have some awesome pictures from both years as well. The ladies were really awesome there too. Now depending on character she would want to be dressed as would depend on which place you would prefer to do it at. The Frozen one is basically for Frozen characters. If she would rather some other Princess or Minnie (they usually do a Halloween Minnie outfit at that time) then do it in BBB instead.

As for the last question...there are lots of reviews on everything out there and pictures to go with them. I know for us, the meals for Fantasmic are not our thing but look into it and see if the meals are worth it for the 2 of you or to your tastes. As well as the other options....I know I'd like to do the World of Color Dessert option one day with my kids. As candles71 said there is also the seating with that one....which would be nice to have.

A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

This was in 2013 when she last did her makeover.

064.jpg071.jpg

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Thank you. If you do it I hope she has a blast getting pampered for a bit.

The Hollywood Chain Gang CariBelle's Avatar

We love going to the character at Plaza Inn for breakfast because we usually get a ton of characters. We went for my daughter's birthday last year and saw:
    - Rafiki
    - Mary Poppins & Bert
    - Minnie
    - Max
    - Captain Hook
    - Rabbit
    - Perla (I think it was Perla? One of the Cinderella mice)
    - Alice

On other trips we have also been visited by Eeyore, Tigger, Pooh, and Chip & Dale.

I highly suggest it because you can get a whole day's worth of characters in an hour long breakfast. Plus you can usually make a reservation for before the park opens and that always makes us feel "special".

Mommy/Daughter trip!

I've been several times to the DCA Disney Visa card area. I've had stitch a few times but also chip and dale.

Sometimes people will be standing in line and not realize it is for Disney Visa members. Often people will change their mind and leave the line too. One time we got in right away and another it was a 20 minute wait.

I'm with you I hate standing in line for characters too.

DLand/DCA-9/17,5/16,9/15,3/15,11/12,9/10,4/09,4/06,7/00
    1st time cruising ever was "Cruise to Nowhere 1/2011"

Quote Originally Posted by CADisneyFam View Post
    I've been several times to the DCA Disney Visa card area. I've had stitch a few times but also chip and dale
    Chip and Dale have been gone from there for a few years now. It used to be Chip and Dale changing out with Pluto. Before that it was Mickey changing with Goofy. Every 4 or 5 years they change the line up.