Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: No more Monte Cristo at Blue Bayou?

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

No more Monte Cristo at Blue Bayou?

Just looked up the Lunch menu for Blue Bayou. Monte Cristo is not listed as an option any longer. Whaaaaat?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

2. # ADS

Self-Proclaimed Disney Queen! Pammer's Avatar

It also looks like they removed the Flat Iron Steak that I loved - boooo... https://disneyland.disney.go.com/din...taurant/menus/

Pam
    DL trips: too many to remember actual dates, but they began in the 60s!
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021

Headless Chicken

Still available at Cafe Orleans though. Otherwise, I suspect there would be a mutiny! LOL!!

First 5K - Neverland - January 19th, 2013
    First Half Marathon - TinkerBell - January 19th, 2014

It's amazing what is possible in just one year.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphile View Post
    Still available at Cafe Orleans though. Otherwise, I suspect there would be a mutiny! LOL!!
    Yeah but I want my sandwich with my view.

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Headless Chicken
    Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    Yeah but I want my sandwich with my view.
    I suspect they did this to lighten the crowds at the Bayou? There are just so many changes lately, it's hard to wrap the mindset around it. But, I agree - that view makes that sandwich much better.
    First 5K - Neverland - January 19th, 2013
    First Half Marathon - TinkerBell - January 19th, 2014

It's amazing what is possible in just one year.

Makes me glad my friend and I did this in May. We always planned at least one special lunch there during her trips here. Then depending on how many days would do another reservation to get it at Cafe Orleans for the cheese one. While it might not give the view it is at least still there at Cafe Orleans and not completely gone.....that would be so much worse.

BTW, it looks like other items might be off as well when compared to the old one.

A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Both of the steak options have changed, and surf and turf was only available at dinner. The dinner and lunch menus are identical. Upload mistake, or streamlined efficiency?

Looks like prices have gone up, too.

I get the feeling they are trying to make it more a "high end" theme park restaurant....at least that is my take away from the menu change and prices going up.

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Blog Entries

Oh what the heck just make all of the restaurants high end and let the masses eat ODV.

Oh what the heck just make all of the restaurants high end and let the masses eat ODV.

Sadly there are some that would gladly take that seriously and agree with you.

So! The lowest-priced item was removed.
    So! The prices on all menu items were increased.

Someone's got to pay for Star Wars Land.
    Right?

"It is, it is, a glorious thing, to be a Pirate King."
    -- Gilbert & Sullivan, "Pirates of Penzance, or, The Slave of Duty"

Nooooooooooooooo

OK, my acronym decoder is out for calibration. What's ODV?
    Reluctant Runner
    1st Place Advanced: Ready Player One, Spring 2015 =====Now Masters=====
    2nd Place Advanced: Sugar Rush, Fall 2014
    1st Place Basic: Deuces Wild, Spring 2014
    1st Place Basic: Mouseadventure 365, Fall 2013

Blog Entries

This is BLASPHEMY! I demand recompense! Blue Bayou has always been my favorite Disneyland restaurant.....the food is good, and the atmosphere and ambiance.....you can't beat it.....but with the lower priced items being removed and all other items having a price increase, not sure it's worth it. Besides, the past couple of times we've been there it's been extremely crowded, and although we requested a waterfront table, we were seated in the back or somewhere in the middle. What a disappointment! Regarding the Monte Cristo, I'm happy that they're continuing it at Cafe Orleans.....I'd hate to see it totally gone from the park.

"Your cadaverous pallor betrays an aura of foreboding, almost as though you sense a disquieting metamorphosis. Is this haunted room actually stretching?"

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveMartin View Post
    OK, my acronym decoder is out for calibration. What's ODV?
    Outdoor vending, like the carts and such.

I've always thought the Blue Bayou was supposed to be a high-end restaurant, but I never thought it lived up to the hype.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Thanks for the decode. When we eat anywhere at DL, we usually have to eat at a sit-down location due to my idiotic food allergies.

Reluctant Runner
    1st Place Advanced: Ready Player One, Spring 2015 =====Now Masters=====
    2nd Place Advanced: Sugar Rush, Fall 2014
    1st Place Basic: Deuces Wild, Spring 2014
    1st Place Basic: Mouseadventure 365, Fall 2013

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    Outdoor vending, like the carts and such.

I've always thought the Blue Bayou was supposed to be a high-end restaurant, but I never thought it lived up to the hype.
    I always felt like it landed in the middle of things. It wasn't high end but it wasn't like the others either, know what I mean?

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    I always felt like it landed in the middle of things. It wasn't high end but it wasn't like the others either, know what I mean?
    Yep, I totally agree. I think it was billed as a higher-end restaurant because of the ambience (and because there aren't that many table-service restaurants in Disneyland to compare it to), but I always thought that was overrated. I only eat there on occasion, maybe once every few years, and I always thought that for the money it cost, I'd rather have dinner at one of the nicer restaurants in Downtown Disney. When I've gone to Blue Bayou, it's been hit or miss, and the service is often very lacking. Not sure if the servers need more training or more help, but hopefully, they'll get what they need to do a great job, as I expect the restaurant will be busy with the Fantasmic package diners.

Oh, and, I've never had a Monte Cristo. Never had the desire. It was even included as part of a "restaurants around the resort" tasting event, and I passed on it.

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Yep, I totally agree. I think it was billed as a higher-end restaurant because of the ambience (and because there aren't that many table-service restaurants in Disneyland to compare it to), but I always thought that was overrated. I only eat there on occasion, maybe once every few years, and I always thought that for the money it cost, I'd rather have dinner at one of the nicer restaurants in Downtown Disney. When I've gone to Blue Bayou, it's been hit or miss, and the service is often very lacking. Not sure if the servers need more training or more help, but hopefully, they'll get what they need to do a great job, as I expect the restaurant will be busy with the Fantasmic package diners.

Oh, and, I've never had a Monte Cristo. Never had the desire. It was even included as part of a "restaurants around the resort" tasting event, and I passed on it.
    What is funny is I actually like the Cheese Monte Cristo better at Cafe Orleans. I don't feel so full after my half. Its one of those things my friend and I always split. Which last time we did though we did end up with one that was more of the outer part then meat and cheese. Was disappointing and never had that happen before. Like I said for us it was a meal we would have once during her visits. Which is either between 5 yrs or more or like this last time 2 yrs apart. We had no issues with service there but did the last time we had food at Cafe Orleans. Which I had wondered if our server had been new though so I cut him some slack.

I am wondering if with the Fantasmic packages they are doing this change to expand it to lunch as well at some point. Either way I do agree its over priced for the offerings. I am not big in what is in DTD myself or high end places even but there are a lot of other ways I can see spending the money they want for meals.

Blog Entries

Andrew Sutton probably doesn't like the sandwich. It doesn't fit his vision for a menu at the restaurant.

Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    What is funny is I actually like the Cheese Monte Cristo better at Cafe Orleans. I don't feel so full after my half. Its one of those things my friend and I always split. Which last time we did though we did end up with one that was more of the outer part then meat and cheese. Was disappointing and never had that happen before. Like I said for us it was a meal we would have once during her visits. Which is either between 5 yrs or more or like this last time 2 yrs apart. We had no issues with service there but did the last time we had food at Cafe Orleans. Which I had wondered if our server had been new though so I cut him some slack.

I am wondering if with the Fantasmic packages they are doing this change to expand it to lunch as well at some point. Either way I do agree its over priced for the offerings. I am not big in what is in DTD myself or high end places even but there are a lot of other ways I can see spending the money they want for meals.
    The last one I had was more breading than insides as well. The meat and cheese part was very skimpy. My mom and I try to share one while there together, we had so much breading we didn't eat that it didn't fill either of us up.
    "It's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then." Alice, Alice in Wonderland

Quote Originally Posted by missm View Post
    The last one I had was more breading than insides as well. The meat and cheese part was very skimpy. My mom and I try to share one while there together, we had so much breading we didn't eat that it didn't fill either of us up.
    So it wasn't just us then. I don't get it. I know we left a bunch of the breading as well because we just couldn't eat it. The last time we got it was a couple years ago and it was perfect. Same with the Cheese one. Hmm maybe I'll see if I can talk one of my kids into going to Cafe Orleans soon to split one of them and see if it happens there or with the Cheese one. I just thought about it but I wish they would give us the sauces in Cafe Orleans now since we can't have them in the Blue Bayou. I actually enjoyed the vanilla one with my sandwhich....as odd as it is. LOL

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Andrew Sutton probably doesn't like the sandwich. It doesn't fit his vision for a menu at the restaurant.
    Wait, did something change? I thought Sutton was only in charge of Napa Rose, Carthay Circle and Club 33? Have you seen a quote from him that he doesn't like the Monte Cristo?

Blog Entries
    Wait, did something change? I thought Sutton was only in charge of Napa Rose, Carthay Circle and Club 33? Have you seen a quote from him that he doesn't like the Monte Cristo?
    Just trying to be funny #sarcasm