Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: How soon do YOU book a hotel?

How soon do YOU book a hotel?

We aren't going until june 4th,2018, but I'm already booking our hotel! I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels like a maniac for booking a year out, but all this D23 stuff has gotten my juices flowing again. Didn't/won't go this year (my kids went with their mom already and got Deluxe AP which expire June 13 next year), and I wasn't planning on going next year until she got them APs, but now I'm totally in planning mode! Plus, my kids loved the Guardians of the Galaxy ride, so now I'm pumped for that.

2. # ADS

I'm a DVC member - so if I am booking where I have home resort advantage - then I can book at the 11 month mark. (By that standard, you're a little late ) For CA, I try to book at 11 months whenever I can, the DVC rooms there go fast! For WDW, if I'm not staying at my home resort then I can "only" book at the 7 month mark. It can be a bit disconcerting to see inventory reduced before my booking window even opens! So far, I haven't had any problems booking at 7 months, but we tend to try to go during the off season.

I suppose it would feel/be different if I wasn't staying on points, but I don't see that as maniac activity at all. Enjoy the trip planning.

We book as soon as we know we have an event, e.g. CHOC Walk (as soon as the date was announced), D23 Expo (as soon as tickets went on sale), Holidays, etc. Look for the best rate we can find, then continue to monitor until closer to our dates to check for lower rates or better packages. Sometimes trips are last minute, but usually we have at least 2 months or more to plan and book.

Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    We book as soon as we know we have an event, e.g. CHOC Walk (as soon as the date was announced), D23 Expo (as soon as tickets went on sale), Holidays, etc. Look for the best rate we can find, then continue to monitor until closer to our dates to check for lower rates or better packages. Sometimes trips are last minute, but usually we have at least 2 months or more to plan and book.
    This is what I do too. As soon as I know we have some event (runs usually) or friend is coming to town, then I book our room. I will go back to check prices to see if something is lower after the fact as well. This last May I did that and changed hotels because it was cheaper at the Anabella. Since we had the comp ART pass from the Tink weekend it worked out fine for us with no issues. There are a few times we book last minute though. Did that the one summer they had the deal for the Disney Hotels for some what cheaper prices. It was a good before school starts trip. Usually last minute if its for one's birthday here. Anyway I'd say just look around in case something cheaper pops up over time.
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

I have been using booking.com a lot lately. I go to the map and then hover to see prices of hotels close.

I start booking typically 8 months out, then keep checking for price drops.

"If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney