Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: hotels behind Mickey & friends lots

hotels behind Mickey & friends lots

I know there are a few hotels over behind the Mickey & friends lot. Can you cut through the lot to ride the tram to the park?

DLand/DCA-9/17,5/16,9/15,3/15,11/12,9/10,4/09,4/06,7/00
    1st time cruising ever was "Cruise to Nowhere 1/2011"

2. # ADS

Some people have reported being able to cut through a cast member area into the back of Mickey and Friends. I don't know how much of a safe walkway you have through the structure though.

If you are talking about the hotels across Ball Rd it looks you can walk over to West Place, just west of the drive in entrance, and walk straight through.

When are you going? I work close by and can just go over there next week and take a look.

We've rented condos directly across the street from Mickey & Friends the last couple of years (West side of Walnut St.). We assumed we'd walk over to the parking structure and ride the tram every morning, but after doing that a couple of times we opted to just walk the whole way to the entrance going through Downtown Disney. They do not make it easy for pedestrians to get inside that parking structure! The access from either side is very indirect and inconvenient. It took pretty much the same amount of time door to gate whether we took the tram or just walked the whole way. If your group can handle the walking, I think you'll find it to be more efficient.

@binki planning a trip this fall. I was looking at the staybridge hotel & another over there. Was just curious if it was worth doing to save a little bit of money

Quote Originally Posted by CADisneyFam View Post
    @binki planning a trip this fall. I was looking at the staybridge hotel & another over there. Was just curious if it was worth doing to save a little bit of money
    The Satellite map is a little old, the hotel isn't even there lol, but it looks like there is a parking lot just behind the hotel that you can walk through to the garage and get to the trams. I was thinking of going by there on the 19th to see how the new fastpass works on the phone. It looks like I can drive right in there and there is also a bus pickup there. But like I said, the map looks old. You can also walk over to Walnut and take it to the park as mentioned above.

https://www.google.com/maps/search/+.../data=!3m1!1e3

We stayed at the old Rodeway Inn. (now Anahein Maingate Inn) on Southwest Place and Ball which is the near the entrance to the employee parking lot you described. It was a while ago but I can tell you they used to let Park goers enter thru the gate (with a manned security guard booth) But when we went, they only let you return out thru the gate. So we had to walk the nearly 1 mile via Ball Road to Disneyland Drive to the park entrance.

When we returned from the Parks, we hopped on the Tram back to the Mickey and Friends Parking Garage. We took level 2, Daisy Duck, and walked straight back on the right (east) side of the Garage. There is a pedestrian friendly raised walkway. Just continue straight as you exit the Garage and you end up at the employee gate. I'd drive or walk to the gate and ask the guard if it's OK to cut thru or return that way before you go.

If that is the case may be uber or lyft to the download dropoff or just walk to Walnut to get to downtown, just a lttle more of a walk than if you walked from the garage.

Remember the old walking gate is no longer open on Disneyland Drive. You have to either enter the parking area to catch the tram. Figuring out how to get to security. Or enter the Downtown Disney lot to hit security between Rainforest and ESPN Zone.

My friend just stayed and said she had no problems. I'm having her draw me a map.

FYI it's the Staybridge at the Park on W Ball

I can't add the map she drew me but she walked from hotel to Disneyland drive, walk across street before turning onto Disneyland drive....
    Then You have to cut across the street illegally to the garage but it's do-able. Then walk through bottom floor of parking structure to the trams.

Here are the options.

The lot behind your hotel is cast parking. You might be able to cut through there. If not, there are 3 options for walking

1) Walk out of your hotel and turn right (east) and cross Disneyland Drive and take the sidewalk in from the east side of the entrance/exit.
    2) Walk out of your hotel and turn left and left at Walnut and left at Magic Way and Right at Right at Disneyland Dr to enter via Downtown Disney or Left to take the tram.
    3) Walk out of your hotel and turn right and walk over the bridge of I-5 and turn right at Harbor Blvd. You will enter from the East side security.

Good Luck. I will be there on Saturday and maybe I can scope out that entry from Disneyland Drive.

#2 If you are on Magic and walk all the way to DL Drive from Walnut, you've gone 1 light too far. You want the light in the middle of the block.

What street is that?

Quote Originally Posted by binki View Post
    What street is that?
    Downtown Drive according to Google maps.

Oops, yes, that is the street to take.

Has anyone had a chance to check this out? We'll be staying at the Springhill Maingate on Nov 13th and would love to cut our walk a little shorter.