Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: How to delete older attachments?

How to delete older attachments?

I'm trying to download new pics from this year's trip but I'm out of space. I tried deleting my older attachments but can't seem to figure out how. Help?

1999 - Coronado; 2003 - DL's Paradise Pier ; 2005 - All Star Music; 2007 - POP; 2008 - Paradise Pier; 2009 - POP ; 2010 - Dolphin; 2011 - POP; 2012 - POFQ; 2013 - POFQ; 2014 - POFQ; 2015 - Art of Animation; 2016 - Pop; July 2017 - POFQ

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, but what happens at Disney stays with you a lifetime

2. # ADS

Step 1: I find it by going to the "Forum Actions" pull-down and choosing either "General Settings" or "Edit Profile" (doesn't seem to matter to get to Step 2 below).

Step 2: I then scroll down the Settings page and all the way on the bottom in the left grouping under "My Settings" there is a link called "Attachments" under "Miscellaneous".

Step 3: Click that and then there will be a list (possibly multi-page) of all of your attachments, and each has a check box to the right side of the page. Check the ones you want to delete and then hit the "Delete Selected" button at the bottom right of the page. They seem to be arranged in reverse order of when you posted (date sorted - don't think you can change that), so if you have a lot of different files you may need to go to the later pages to start with your oldest ones so you don't delete newer items you may still want to keep.

Note the "Show Thumbnails" button at the bottom of the page on the left if you want so see a thumbnail for each file in the list without needing to click on each one to remember what it was (though if you remember based on the thread name, this doesn't matter much, YMMV). Doing this seems to make the list spread across more pages though.

This drives me crazy a bit each time I try to remember how to do it too.

I don't know if there might be an easier method to get there, but that's what works for me.

-Dave