Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Complaints about Disney prices and costs

Complaints about Disney prices and costs

So we've all been frustrated or irritated at the cost of the little things in the parks. Today we went to Six Flags Fiesta Texas, where park tickets are cheaper, but booties of water, Coke, and beer are more expensive than WDW! $4.49 for Coke, $5.49 for Powerade, $7.99 for beer (or to dollars more for draft). And the food is a joke compared to WDW too in both quality and price. $24.99 for a crappy pizza that is possibly worse than Little Caesar's!

That said, the Superman coaster here is awesome!

Nick Andrews, DL misc74-76,85,91,12/11,1/13, WDW 78,83,85,1/92-8/92,95,99,04x8,5/11,2/12, 9/12,6/13,3/14,11/14,3/15,9/15,4/16,9/16,12/16,4/17,11/17,4/18,10/18,1/19,5/19,10/19, 2/20, 9/20, 1/21, DLP 3/20
    Magic Kingdom Cast Member 1/92-8/92 (WDW CP) 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

2. # ADS

We never eat at our local 6 Flags. Doesn't matter how busy they are it takes over an hour to get food. It is worth the trip to the parking lot to make our own sandwiches. Faster and cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    We never eat at our local 6 Flags. Doesn't matter how busy they are it takes over an hour to get food. It is worth the trip to the parking lot to make our own sandwiches. Faster and cheaper.
    Are you referring to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom? Probably explains why their season dining pass is so inexpensive.
    2017: Coco
    Future: The Incredibles 2, Toy Story 4

Not an official spokesperson for the company

Quote Originally Posted by pixar View Post
    Are you referring to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom? Probably explains why their season dining pass is so inexpensive.
    Yes. Yes I am. We usually eat at Magic Mountain, it is slow but not as slow as DK. I have been to DK on a weekday during the school year, with walk on wait times for rides , even Medusa, and still waited an hour for food lines. My oldest took her sisters and some friends last summer and my middle daughter actually passed out while waiting, in the sun, on line for over an hour. I don't think they realized, as we truly do pack lunches and eat at the car. There are even a few picnic tables scattered in the parking area.

Another dig at them and their water park operations. Why didn't these fools run water loops under the concrete areas and circulate water to both cool the concrete and heat water at the same time? You can't wear shoes off any kind on most of the water rides, and it literally burns your feet to walk around in between them.

And the lazy River is not so lazy or fun because there are way too many unused tubes floating in it, clogging up the works. Never mind that bloat of hippos...

I am headed to Canada's Wonderland this weekend. Seems like the complain about this park is like Six Flags, long food lines and expensive food prices. Heck it's even $20 for parking. Seems like things aren't so bad at Disney Parks as they seem to be. Yes, entrance is more expensive, but the experience in full (food lines, food selections, cleanliness, etc) is arguably overall better.

Complaints about Disney prices and costs

These places are like airports. You're a captured and robbed audience. I have a funny none connected experience with the value of money at Disney, which is a good job or I'd be cross all trip. Back on days out in the U.K. I'm the mum with the cool box tutting at the prices!!!!!!

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
    These places are like airports. You're a captured and robbed audience. I have a funny none connected experience with the value of money at Disney, which is a good job or I'd be cross all trip. Back on days out in the U.K. I'm the mum with the cool box tutting at the prices!!!!!!
    Except at airports it's a criminal scam what they charge you for bottles of water and drinks, since they won't let you take any through security. They should be required to sell them at regular store prices.

Out of this world for Disney DwarfPlanet's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The only prices I have complained about is the increase in the Halloween/Holiday prices. Otherwise nothing else really seems that out of the ordinary when compared to other sites.

"Although we think it's DOPEY that Pluto has been downgraded to a dwarf planet, which has made some people GRUMPY and others just SLEEPY, we are not BASHFUL in saying we would be HAPPY if Disney's Pluto would join us as an 8th dwarf. We think this is just what the DOC ordered and is nothing to SNEEZE at."

My biggest gripe is the $4+ tiny bottle of orange juice that they sell at the resorts. Ouch. I'll be bringing my own next time. Dinners are getting more expensive, mostly because so many of them are or are becoming signature restaurants. We no longer do a sit down every night of the trip, and I miss that.

1999 - Coronado; 2003 - DL's Paradise Pier ; 2005 - All Star Music; 2007 - POP; 2008 - Paradise Pier; 2009 - POP ; 2010 - Dolphin; 2011 - POP; 2012 - POFQ; 2013 - POFQ; 2014 - POFQ; 2015 - Art of Animation; 2016 - Pop; July 2017 - POFQ

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, but what happens at Disney stays with you a lifetime

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
    That's actually pretty funny, I'm exactly the same! Days out in the UK, I'm slaving away for hours making cool boxes full of sandwiches, crisps, snacks, bottles of pop, and then a couple of flasks of tea and coffee, wet wipes and kitchen roll, all packed up nicely. Woe betide anyone who asks for an ice-cream or candy floss! But go to any Disney park, and I'll happily pay $30 for a sandwich and bottle of water! I think Disney has a special brain-wash mechanism in the entrance gates that somehow disconnects my "HOW MUCH??" button .....
    Silvercat

(Enjoy reading trip reports? Why not try my books, "Tiggerific Travels" - all 4 books available now as e-books)

It don't really complain much about the prices while in the parks enjoying it, but my original point was that other places are even more expensive than Disney parks!

Quote Originally Posted by nickjandrews View Post
    It don't really complain much about the prices while in the parks enjoying it, but my original point was that other places are even more expensive than Disney parks!
    I totally agree. Even at the Met's Citi Field a hotdog is $6.25, bottled water is $3.75 and a 12 oz beer is 5.75. Plus tickets average out to about ~$65 a seat. You'll spend more on a 3 hour game than all day at a Disney park.
    Michael and Kellis August 2016 Trip with 25 Friends and family
    http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?234828
    Common Walt Disney World Wild Birds http://bochnik.com/disneybirds/disneybirds.htm
    Our other Disney Trips (including our Disneymoon): Kelli and Mike's Adventures http://www.bochnik.com/

About a month ago, I took my daughter to Six Flags Great America in Chicago. We split a meal of 3 chicken nuggets, fries, and a soda, which came out to $20.

We purchased season passes and for the 2017 season, but we did not purchase the meal plan. They recently had a sale for the 2018 season, so we renewed our passses and purchased one meal plan for $80, which includes 1 lunch, 1 snack, 1 dinner, and a refillable bottle for drinks. One of the nice things with the Six Flags season pass is that it is good for any Six Flags park and includes parking. I know Six Flags isn't Disney, but it we have fun going.

I don't know and I don't care if It's a Small World. It's a nice day when you wake up in Disneyland.