Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Antenna Toppers

Antenna Toppers

While at the resort recently, I noticed that none of the stores had antenna toppers (there were a few by the check out, but no racks like they usually do). Does anyone know why?

2. # ADS

I had the same experience last month. As I was lamenting aloud to DH about it, a CM happened by and mentioned how newer vehicles are no longer coming with the good ole antenna. We came to the conclusion that the toppers must've become slow moving inventory for that reason and Disney may have made the decision to discontinue. No official confirmation from Disney, just our collective pondering on the topic.

It's too bad and it seems my collection may now be complete.

While my current vehicle does not have an antenna, I still enjoy displaying the toppers as a bouquet that I change out every month. I select about ten of them (themed for the month), put them on varying length dowels, and display in a DCL 'drink of the day' cup.

Quote Originally Posted by LacyBelle View Post
    While my current vehicle does not have an antenna, I still enjoy displaying the toppers as a bouquet that I change out every month. I select about ten of them (themed for the month), put them on varying length dowels, and display in a DCL 'drink of the day' cup.
    That's such a fun idea! Now I'm sad that there aren't many left, because I'd totally do this...

congratulations!!!! very few of us collectors have complete collections.....you may have very well reached nirvana!!!!! As long as they make villians, my pin collection will never be complete

....by the way, what was the last antenna to turn off the lights......and close the door.....at Disneyland??

We just bought a new car & I was bummed about no antenna. I have a bunch of them that I stick on pens in a Mickey theme painted flower pot. This way no one can steal them. Someone stole a golden Mickey ears topper off our van one year.

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

The World of Disney store still had them Thursday.

AVP

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

I think the store is called The Gag Factory (could be wrong) in Toontown. They had,a huge selection of toppers when we were there last week

Because auto manufacturers now install these stubby stick antennas on many vehicles, they don't fit anyway, unless you take a drill and hog out the hole in the topper. But at least it's good to hear that this classic "souven-ear" is still being sold!

They are still selling the toppers, but the selection is nowhere near as extensive as it once was. I only saw five to six different varieties at the resort in May. Compared to more that twice that number in the past.
    I suspect it will dwindle further...

We should invent something to "top" a shark fin antenna, or the stubby ones.

Reluctant Runner
    1st Place Advanced: Ready Player One, Spring 2015 =====Now Masters=====
    2nd Place Advanced: Sugar Rush, Fall 2014
    1st Place Basic: Deuces Wild, Spring 2014
    1st Place Basic: Mouseadventure 365, Fall 2013

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMartin View Post
    We should invent something to "top" a shark fin antenna, or the stubby ones.
    Or make it magnetic so you can stick it on your car, unless you have a Tesla that is.....
    "If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

Antnna toppers

Quote Originally Posted by LacyBelle View Post
    I had the same experience last month. As I was lamenting aloud to DH about it, a CM happened by and mentioned how newer vehicles are no longer coming with the good ole antenna. We came to the conclusion that the toppers must've become slow moving inventory for that reason and Disney may have made the decision to discontinue. No official confirmation from Disney, just our collective pondering on the topic.

It's too bad and it seems my collection may now be complete.
    Well, there's always e-bay..

I found about 9 that i didn't have at WDW in April, but sold in Multipacks..

LLevy
    -I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way-

Was there this last weekend (Sept 9-12) and I did see antenna balls in the World of Disney store. Probably in some of the other shops too. So maybe they realize that even though newer cars don't accommodate them, there are still many other ways to use these souvenirs.

Quote Originally Posted by jr5101 View Post
    Was there this last weekend (Sept 9-12) and I did see antenna balls in the World of Disney store. Probably in some of the other shops too. So maybe they realize that even though newer cars don't accommodate them, there are still many other ways to use these souvenirs.
    Were there just a few at the check out counter, or did they have a large selection on display? When I was there in June they only had a few at the check out counter.

Quote Originally Posted by jmorgan View Post
    Were there just a few at the check out counter, or did they have a large selection on display? When I was there in June they only had a few at the check out counter.
    You could be right. I was not paying that much attention to them since I wasn't really looking for them.

Yeah, antenna balls used to be my favorite collector item(easily packable too LOL) but my last 4 cars have not had antennas. I always thought they should have a Poisoned Apple one. LOL

Darlene aka MotoGP Goddess

Don't call me Grumpy! CMHusband's Avatar

No one buys them anymore. None of my cars have antennas

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Check out my Walt's Apartment tour on flickr here http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7625183415995/