Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Universal in December

Universal in December

We'll be in Disneyland from December 1-8 this year. We would like to take a day to visit Universal. I will have a rental car, so transportation is not a problem. We'll be staying in Anaheim at Dolphin's Cove resort. Would a certain day be better traffic wise to make the drive to Universal? I'm assuming the weekend will have better traffic, but I'm wondering if we left Anaheim really early on a weekday morning, if traffic wouldn't be so bad heading to Universal?

2. # ADS

We usually leave 90 minutes before park opening. It is 42 miles, the fastest we ever did it was 45 minutes but there was zero traffic. Weekends are only slightly better traffic wise. We only went to Universal once in December, that was 2012. We like 2 days at USH. It makes the shows easier to cram in as we always have gone off season. This was before Harry Potter opened, haven't been in a year and a half. That December trip they had Jurassic Park closed on the Monday we went, we were told that was just for the really low crowd levels, we had planned our second day for Friday and ended up changing it to Saturday as Jurassic Park would be open on the weekends.