Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Have you ever lost your ticket at the park?

Have you ever lost your ticket at the park?

With all of the discussion of maxpass and handing tickets over to children, it's got me thinking of what would happen if you lose your actual ticket? I remember last time we had our photos taken at the gate, so shouldn't it be easy to replace? We always purchase our tickets online, so I would have a record of the purchase. I will definitely take photos of the actual paper tickets once we get them. I'm just curious if anyone has any experience with losing their ticket and if the outcome was good or bad?

2. # ADS

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Audrey View Post
    With all of the discussion of maxpass and handing tickets over to children, it's got me thinking of what would happen if you lose your actual ticket? I remember last time we had our photos taken at the gate, so shouldn't it be easy to replace? We always purchase our tickets online, so I would have a record of the purchase. I will definitely take photos of the actual paper tickets once we get them. I'm just curious if anyone has any experience with losing their ticket and if the outcome was good or bad?
    I always make people I am with using non-AP media take a picture of the tickets. Last trip with my brother, he sent his boys (13, 10, 10) to go get FP. They left with 6 tickets. Came back with 6 FP and 5 tickets. Sent them to the Chamber of Commerce (we were in DCA) and he showed them the tickets, the pictures, and took 5 mins and he had a new ticket.
    Planning 3 trips at once...

My sister's tickets were stolen off a table at the Plaza Inn. She didn't have photos of the bar codes (how many times did I tell you?... aargh!), but was able to show the credit card at City Hall. The CM used the number to pull up the receipt, cancelled the old tickets, and gave her new ones. It took about 30 minutes or so, but was a smooth process overall.

A number of years ago, I accidentaly left our camera bag in the bottom of our rental stroller, with the tickets in one of the pockets. I did not realize the bag was missing until the next morning. I went to lost and found and fortunately, they had found the bag and the tickets were there.

I don't know and I don't care if It's a Small World. It's a nice day when you wake up in Disneyland.

I've found passes and tickets on the ground on several occasions. I turn them in to the nearest CM. I've never lost one though.

Reluctant Runner
    1st Place Advanced: Ready Player One, Spring 2015 =====Now Masters=====
    2nd Place Advanced: Sugar Rush, Fall 2014
    1st Place Basic: Deuces Wild, Spring 2014
    1st Place Basic: Mouseadventure 365, Fall 2013

Have you ever lost your ticket at the park?

I never thought to take pictures of the barcode brilliant idea. I've never lost any but I too I have seen them on the ground or people drop them without knowing.

I often travel with a disabled family member and to use that pass the CM needs to scan all our passes so we've already kinda been dealing with this for a while now. But we tend to ride as a small group so generally only one of us holds all the passes.

DLand/DCA-9/17,5/16,9/15,3/15,11/12,9/10,4/09,4/06,7/00
    1st time cruising ever was "Cruise to Nowhere 1/2011"

Self-Proclaimed Disney Queen! Pammer's Avatar

This just happened to my great-niece during our recent trip; she thinks she lost the bottom of her lanyard getting off of the Alice ride, and noticed it gone about 10mins later when we were checking in for dinner at Carnation Caf. She was able to get a courtesy pass good through the rest of our trip for free from the ticket booth; they ended up finding her pass that night and then shredded it after noting on her account that it had been found. Molly then went back to the ticket booth the next night and they reissued her the pass for free (if it hadn't been found, it would have cost $20 to replace it).

She also had her FP for RSR in that lanyard pouch, so we went to City Hall and they added 2 FPs for RSR on to my AP so we could still ride it that night.

If you don't have an AP, I would suggest photocopying the bar codes of your regular tickets to cover yourself in case of loss, as others have also recommended.

Pam
    DL trips: too many to remember actual dates, but they began in the 60s!
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMartin View Post
    I've found passes and tickets on the ground on several occasions. I turn them in to the nearest CM. I've never lost one though.
    Same here. I have never lost one but whenever I've seen ones I always give them to the CM near it. Sadly though there are those out there I have seen admit to picking them up and using them for extra FPs in the day. So it is a good idea to always take pictures of the bar codes. I know the few times we got tickets over the years for others with us or between AP renewals its what we always do just in case. Heck the last time we grabbed some 2 day park hoppers the lady at the grocery store told my husband to do this. Which is nice if the right cashier sees them and tells people this.

Glad Disney has been good to those that have lost them. Obviously if you are in the parks you had a ticket and things can happen. Yet always good to have that record of them just in case.
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMartin View Post

I found two (or maybe three) on the ground during our trip last month. I was so sad for whoever lost them. I also gave them to the nearest CM. We've never lost our tickets, but the year we went without APs that was a big worry of mine. One nice thing about having pictures on them is it would be difficult for someone else to use them for anything except FP, and now FP are linked to your ticket so it would be more risky to use a stranger's ticket.

I tend to see a lot of the 1 park or 1 day tickets on the ground. I do pick them up as well, and hand them to a CM, but they are the ones I find most often

My uncle did once. We didn't have photos of the back but we had bought them with a credit card through AAA. They replaced it right away. On another note, he also lost his glasses and a had that trip, he is notorious for losing things.

"It's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then." Alice, Alice in Wonderland

Quote Originally Posted by missm View Post
    My uncle did once. We didn't have photos of the back but we had bought them with a credit card through AAA. They replaced it right away. On another note, he also lost his glasses and a had that trip, he is notorious for losing things.
    My mom bought a pink Mickey baseball cap during our trip last month and must have lost it our last morning at the park somehow. Then she got home from the trip and realized she didn't have her sweat jacket. She didn't wear it during the trip at all, but called the hotel and they said they didn't find it. Then she was visiting us last week and lost her sun glasses somewhere in San Francisco...