Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Tusker House to Pandora

Waiting impatiently for next trip quackinup's Avatar

Tusker House to Pandora

Looking at the Disney maps it shows a path from Tusker House down the west side of the river into Pandora. However one of the articles I read said you could only enter Pandora from the area of Tiffins. Does anyone know if that other path is open, or if it may be opened any time soon?

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah!
    Next trip: Disney World May 1-9 2020

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by quackinup View Post
    Looking at the Disney maps it shows a path from Tusker House down the west side of the river into Pandora. However one of the articles I read said you could only enter Pandora from the area of Tiffins. Does anyone know if that other path is open, or if it may be opened any time soon?
    Recently that path has been exit only from Pandora due to high crowd volume. I'm sure the plan is to open it up at some point.

Ok, I'm hoping it might open in the next month. I have an 8:05 breakfast at Tusker House. It's an EMH morning so there will already be people there but I hope to finish and scoot down there before the main rope drop rush comes in. If that path was open I could get there a little quicker.

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah!

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ill throw this in there...
    They have been opening up Pandora before the park officially opens.
    Example, last week, we arrived at 7:30, they let us in before the 8AM opening time - and it was not an early EMH day.
    So, you having an 8:05 Tusker House ADR may put you at a disadvantage, because if last week is any guide, they are going to be opening up at 8AM most days this summer with early EMH being a 7AM time.

And yes, I have seen reports of people being in line to get into the park before 6AM.

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

I imagine you are right. I've been monitoring the standby times and it always loads up really quick with the morning rush. Not opening until 9am after July 4th, but I imagine that could change since they just recently updated it to show EMH 10-midnight every night.

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah!

I was glad to see that this route was open during my visit, it is an interesting walk.

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah!

Yeah, when I was there in early July the back path was open all day, and it WAS a nice walk. Pandora is a dead-end space, though, and while architecturally interesting, the two rides did nothing for me, so I won't be visiting this part of the park again. Pandora and Dinoland: two wasted spaces in Animal Kingdom.

1999 - Coronado; 2003 - DL's Paradise Pier ; 2005 - All Star Music; 2007 - POP; 2008 - Paradise Pier; 2009 - POP ; 2010 - Dolphin; 2011 - POP; 2012 - POFQ; 2013 - POFQ; 2014 - POFQ; 2015 - Art of Animation; 2016 - Pop; July 2017 - POFQ

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, but what happens at Disney stays with you a lifetime