Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Crackdown on FP+ cheaters.

Crackdown on FP+ cheaters.

2. # ADS

Interesting, I had no idea either.

Waiting impatiently for next trip quackinup's Avatar

It's kind of funny because about 2-3 days before that came out I was wondering if it was possible to use someone else's magicband to do fast passes, but I assumed that the other magicband would have to be used to enter the park first or it wouldn't work. I guess I was wrong, but that will be the case the next time I'm there. Didn't look at the above referenced article but evidently there is still a way to "transfer" fastpasses between linked magicbands at the kiosks in the park. Seems like a hell of a lot of work to me though, I'd rather spend all that "scheming" time touring the parks.

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah!
    Next trip: Disney World May 1-9 2020

People were using expired tickets or even new tickets that hadn't been scanned. The article even referenced the craigslist tour guides as scheduling fps for their clients this way.

Quote Originally Posted by daisyd0 View Post
    Interesting, I had no idea either.
    It never would have occurred to me either-

Interesting, I now understand something that had been happing in MyDisney Experience. I have all four of us linked and I make the FP+. Well, my daughters only have tickets for 8 days but we extended the trip to 9 days. When I was making FP for that last day it only let me book for three of us, took me a bit to figure out the issue. DD#1, had a cast member ticket hanging out in cyberspace that allowed me to book FP but would not work to get her in the parks. She kept saying I've used it how can it still be out there? Now I know the how and why....

Crackdown on FP+ cheaters.

I didn't know this. I did know how to get free FP on the old system but hadn't heard of this scam at all.

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Disneyland had a similar loophole a while back that allowed you to get Fastpass for media that had not been used for entry. It's the same thing. Basically if you have a family member or friend with a pass, you could get a Fastpass+ reservation on their MDE account, then use that band to ride even though the band was not used for park entry.

I wouldn't call it a scam, but it was definitely a loophole that was used by some.

Seems like I read another article hinting that you would have to use the same magicband that you used to enter the park and that the loophole was allowing booking using multiple bands but that didn't make a lot of sense to me.