Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Anyone else actually like the Florida humidity because . . .

Blog Entries

Anyone else actually like the Florida humidity because . . .

. . . it's interestingly different from your home climate and you associate it with Walt Disney World?
    I do. I can take it for a week, like snow at a ski resort.

And speaking of Orlando weather, if you've never been to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter
    I encourage you to approach Hogwarts & Hogsmeade Village during an afternoon thunderstorm. It adds to the atmosphere.

2. # ADS

Anyone else actually like the Florida humidity because . . .

I don't love it but I associate it with our summer Orlando holidays which I do love so it's all part of the trip for me. We just came back from a February trip and whilst park storming was easier, I did miss the heat for sure.

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

We get a lot of humidity where I live in the summer, but come Jan or Feb (our preferred time of year to hit WDW) the humidity in FL, while not near the summertime levels, is sure welcome!

I am also one of the few that thrive on heat and humidity. If it is not at least 80 degrees out, I need a sweater or long sleeve shirt.

The hotter and more humid the better for me.

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Do I like it? Not really... but I know what its going to be like, so we just prepare accordingly.

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Waiting impatiently for next trip quackinup's Avatar

Coming from Southern California (where most of the time we don't even know what the word humidity means) I can deal with the heat, but could do without the humidity. In September when I visited I would take a shower and less than an hour later felt like I needed another one. Plus when it gets high enough nothing ever dries out. Posted on Facebook in September that my underwear felt like I had taken a shower in them. Fortunately when I was there last month the humidity was much more reasonable.

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah!
    Next trip: Disney World May 1-9 2020

I am used to it now after living in the Houston area for 5 years. But when I used to live in Northern California, the Orlando weather was like a punch in the face.

I like the humidity as a change from my normal weather patterns.

Reluctant Runner
    1st Place Advanced: Ready Player One, Spring 2015 =====Now Masters=====
    2nd Place Advanced: Sugar Rush, Fall 2014
    1st Place Basic: Deuces Wild, Spring 2014
    1st Place Basic: Mouseadventure 365, Fall 2013

Blog Entries

"Humidity" is nice (well, OK) to visit, but I wouldn't want to live in it (all my life). Being from No. Calif., the only humidity one experiences here is in a (wet) sauna. I take on a grin and bear it attitude when visiting WDW on our once every 3-4 year visits. Usually have done trips in Sept. to avoid heavy crowds, but that time of year does nothing to avoid heat & humidity. Will next try a Nov. or early Springtime visit to lessen the effects of humidity, I hope...

Wishing i could be at WDW...

The humidity extremes are California and Florida. If you are used to the air in California, Florida will just about kill you! I live in Dallas, which can be pretty humid in the summer. But Florida is worse. It's my biggest fear about my plan to retire and move to the Orlando area. I'm just not sure how I'll adjust to that massive humidity that extends not just over summer but into spring and fall as well.

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Blog Entries

Yes, Dan, I see we both share a retirement vision. Have often wondered about retiring in Orlando to be close to the Parks. Have even imagined working part-time in the Parks as I've seen plenty mature gentlemen "hosting"/directing guests on the pathways and also driving buses throughout the World. You are used to being in A/C throughout the days/months of summer, but I would have to acclimate big time to living in "conditioned air" 24 hrs. a day for months at a time.

Wishing i could be at WDW...

I have had to get used to the humidity with doing 1/2 marathons there. After a while you adjust. My worst heat and humidity encounter was during the TOT 10 miler. Not fun but I survived.

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    The humidity extremes are California and Florida. If you are used to the air in California, Florida will just about kill you! I live in Dallas, which can be pretty humid in the summer. But Florida is worse. It's my biggest fear about my plan to retire and move to the Orlando area. I'm just not sure how I'll adjust to that massive humidity that extends not just over summer but into spring and fall as well.
    Golden Oaks?
    Reluctant Runner

I don't know what that is.

- James Taylor

It's a Disney planned community. A little out of my price range at the moment.

https://www.disneygoldenoak.com/

Reluctant Runner

With the retirement funds I'm gonna have, wherever I land will be cheap cheap CHEAP!

- James Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    With the retirement funds I'm gonna have, wherever I land will be cheap cheap CHEAP!
    Amen!
    Reluctant Runner

I just moved to San Antonio, so I'll be getting used to it...

I wouldn't say I like it either, but my reasoning is if you're going to be wet and sweaty because of the heat, the humidity for me makes it feel...right I guess for a better lack of term? Because everything is damp. Whereas in AZ, if I start sweating and getting all those wet sweat stains and such, it feels more icky to me in comparison, being damp when it's so dry.

Also would love to retire out to that Golden Oaks or Celebration or whatever other Disney towns come up in the next 20 years, but yeah...that's a lot of savings...