Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: AP Question: A Lapse and a Rebuy -- PLUS: Online or In-person

Romance @ Disney Goddess
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

AP Question: A Lapse and a Rebuy -- PLUS: Online or In-person

Hi all,

I blame my mommy brain for this one..... but I know one of you has the answer

Question 1
    I was an Signature AP and let it lapse in April without renewing since I knew we were going again until late June.
    I still have the pass. If I rebuy, will they use the same pass or give me a new one.

Question 2:
    Should I buy it online or buy it at the ticket booth? If I buy online, do I still need to go to the ticket booth? Last time we just did it at the ticket booth. I have to get one for DD - she's 4 and I can't get her in without a pass anymore

Hakuna Matata
    Parent of a Princess, Disney Cruise Line Community Leader, DL College Program Alum (PM me for info) , and former Disney Store Plush Princess
    There's nothing like listening to "Feed the Birds" while sitting on the steps of St. Paul's.

2. # ADS

Even if you buy it online, unless you do it as a renewal, you have to go to the ticket booth to process.
    Number 1 is open to the CM. They will reuse the old one, that is the point of the cards without dates on them.
    Some have had CMs just issue a new one, we had a CM get huffy that we didn't bring DDs expired in July pass with us in December and tell me he was using our one free replacement to issue her a new pass. Ymmv.

We just activated new passes last week. It was kind of odd because I had read that I needed my old cards, so I brought them. But then the CM told me that I did it the wrong way if I wanted to use my old cards because a new account was created. Not sure what she meant because I bought them from Disneyland.com and linked them to our names that were already in my account. In any case I saved those old cards for two years for no reason. LOL!

I'd just do it at the ticket booth since you will need to go there anyway. Bring the old ones just in case. I know a few years ago I had taken our old ones out of my wallet. We had let our APs lapse for about 6 months or so. The CM at the ticket booth asked but I didn't think to grab them. This last time though I had those ones with us when we had let them lapse again and that CM took them without issue. Its odd when ones don't take them considering from everything we have been told on why they changed them to have no more date on them, they should be reusing our old ones. So not sure why some CMs claim they can't or won't.

A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"