Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Guardians of the Galaxy-Mission: Breakout!

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Guardians of the Galaxy-Mission: Breakout!

Guardians of the Galaxy-Mission: Breakout! by Todd Pickering

The new attraction In Disney California Adventure is 'Faster and Funnier'

Read it here!

2. # ADS

Still wishing they had just built another ride. While I'm sure this is a fun ride, it does NOTHING to alleviate the overcrowding that's happening at DLR these days. All Disney did was attract more people to show up without creating a place to put them.

Working for Disney. No, no. Working (in a Modesto office) for (the money to take a trip to) Disney (World/Land)

WDW Trips: June 2002, Feb 2004, Dec 2006, Dec 2008, Jan 2010, Feb 2011, Dec 2012
    Disneyland Trips: Feb 2006, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, Feb, March, June 2015 (x2), Nov 2015

Cool GotG Breakout various ride scenarios? (SPOILERS!)

Regarding the ride, I have seen some variations on it. We know the six songs already, but what are the scenarios that you have seen during the ride? Here are some under a SPOILER tag. DO NOT read if you do not want to be spoiled!

Star-Lord & Gamora fighting off a large tentacle'd monster
    Star-Lord and Gamora get chased off left side by flying things
    Star-Lord kicks object into floating thing, it explodes but then he is overrun by little creatures
    Drax punches large monster in face, it falls and he says "You're welcome!"
    Rocket says "Hey is that Disneyland? That's so cool!"
    Rocket says "I can't work with all of you screaming!"
    The end scene with all of the Guardians and space-dog seems to mostly be the same...?

Any others that you've seen?

-L

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGator View Post
    Still wishing they had just built another ride.
    I've heard that sentiment a few times, but I keep wondering where y'all think they'd have room to put a ride of that size. Cause there isn't much open space available at either park. And if you think one changed ride adds to the overcrowding, wouldn't you think having two rides would make the overcrowding worse? Yep, it was pretty crowded this weekend, but it's a holiday weekend with a brand new ride opening. It did suck up a lot of the people from the other rides. At one point, we were looking at the wait times for other rides, and on Saturday afternoon, Racers was 45 minutes stand by. That was pretty indicative.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeStafford View Post
    Regarding the ride, I have seen some variations on it. We know the six songs already, but what are the scenarios that you have seen during the ride?

The ending is the same for all of them.

My favorite is "Free Ride", which has two scenes playing off a plot point from the second Guardians. Groot pushes a giant red button that turns off the gravity, and then later, he pushes the button again, to turn gravity back on. The Guardians react to the change but so does your gantry. Loved it.

The very ending spiel is the same for all of them as well, when you get back to ground level. Rocket says "we're out of here", and then you hear a few of the Guardians say thank you. Then Drax says something about why are you thanking them. They just sat there. They didn't do anything. We did all the fighting. They should be thanking us.

It's a little difficult to hear all that because most people are either clapping or laughing once the ride is over.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

(I would not have replied to myself if I could figure out how to edit a previous post...lol)

Regarding the ride, I have seen some variations on it. We know the six songs already, but what are the scenarios that you have seen during the ride? Here are some under a SPOILER tag. DO NOT read if you do not want to be spoiled!

Star-Lord and Gamora get chased off left side by flying robots
    Star-Lord kicks small lizard into their cages, it explodes but then he is overrun by more little lizard creatures
    Drax pops out of a large monster than then punches it in face, it falls and he says "You're welcome!"
    Guardians (Star-Lord, Gamora, Drax) are jumping from their cages onto platform in front of you.
    Groot has turned off gravity, Guardians are floating, then he turns it back on and they all drop to platform.
    Rocket says "Hey is that Disneyland? This is so cool!"
    (Baby Groot seems to be present in every scene so I'm not ignoring him)
    The end scene with all of the Guardians and space-dog appears to be the same every time.

Did I miss any?
    I added a few couple more scenes and fixed some info in the spoiler.

-L

Star-Lord and Gamora get chased off left side by flying things
    Star-Lord kicks object into floating thing, it explodes but then he is overrun by little creatures
    Drax punches large monster in face, it falls and he says "You're welcome!"
    Rocket says "Hey is that Disneyland? That's so cool!"
    The end scene with all of the Guardians and space-dog seems to mostly be the same...?

Any others that you've seen?

-L
    Thanks for the spoiler alerts. I was all prepared to ride them all but alas there was only one during the press day. Thank goodness I love Pat Benatar! Since I didn't get to see the other five I think I will wait until I experience them myself. Will chime in on here when I see them.

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    I've heard that sentiment a few times, but I keep wondering where y'all think they'd have room to put a ride of that size. Cause there isn't much open space available at either park. And if you think one changed ride adds to the overcrowding, wouldn't you think having two rides would make the overcrowding worse? Yep, it was pretty crowded this weekend, but it's a holiday weekend with a brand new ride opening. It did suck up a lot of the people from the other rides. At one point, we were looking at the wait times for other rides, and on Saturday afternoon, Racers was 45 minutes stand by. That was pretty indicative.

The ending is the same for all of them.

My favorite is "Free Ride", which has two scenes playing off a plot point from the second Guardians. Groot pushes a giant red button that turns off the gravity, and then later, he pushes the button again, to turn gravity back on. The Guardians react to the change but so does your gantry. Loved it.

The very ending spiel is the same for all of them as well, when you get back to ground level. Rocket says "we're out of here", and then you hear a few of the Guardians say thank you. Then Drax says something about why are you thanking them. They just sat there. They didn't do anything. We did all the fighting. They should be thanking us.

It's a little difficult to hear all that because most people are either clapping or laughing once the ride is over.
    I don't think there is any room left at all at DLR with Star Wars Land...is there? There is quite a lot behind Cars Land over in DCA though, right?