Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: 2018 Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend

Contributing Writer RunningFool's Avatar
    Blog Entries

2018 Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend

Well, we are just about a month from the announced opening of registration for the 2018 Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend (AP/DVC Thursday June 22nd and general reg Tuesday June 27th). Generally, information about runDisney races, including prices, has been published by this point; for Princess information was available almost two months in advance.

As of today, the only information on the runDisney site relating to 2018 Tinker Bell is the note: Stay tuned for registration and event information for the 2018 Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend. Given Star Wars Light Side is still TBD (and the very odd, quick close this week of 2017 DLand Half Marathon Weekend registration), could we see a similar issue with Tinker?

As soon as we see any details, will post them here. Stay tuned indeed...

RunningFool

Next non-Disney short distance event: Good question...
    Next non-Disney Half: TBD
    Next runDisney event: W&D Two Course Challenge & 5k

2. # ADS

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RunningFool View Post
    Well, we are just about a month from the announced opening of registration for the 2018 Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend (AP/DVC Thursday June 22nd and general reg Tuesday June 27th). Generally, information about runDisney races, including prices, has been published by this point; for Princess information was available almost two months in advance.

As of today, the only information on the runDisney site relating to 2018 Tinker Bell is the note: Stay tuned for registration and event information for the 2018 Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend.
    I think the fact that they didn't send out early registration info to participants this year is pretty telling too.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    I think the fact that they didn't send out early registration info to participants this year is pretty telling too.
    Yup. Great point. No pre-sale at the expo or past participant email. Also nothing so far for Legacy.

Would love to be a mouse (so to speak...) in the corner at runDisney West right now.
    RunningFool

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yup. Great point. No pre-sale at the expo or past participant email. Also nothing so far for Legacy.

Would love to be a mouse (so to speak...) in the corner at runDisney West right now.
    worst case scenario - no races for 2018? Drastic - but possible? As someone said earlier (in the SWLS thread) there is still time to kickoff registration (june) but the clock is ticking very loudly.
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

I'm going to be watching very closely. I plan to sign up for the PDC when/if it goes on sale.

Interesting,

It kinda smells like "hey, let's ruin the event in 2017, then we can cite decreased consumer interest for why we got rid of this event." You would think that RunDisney wouldn't want to do that if it was profitable (and based on the prices they charge, it *should* be highly profitable) but depending on the back-end accounting the event could be very profitable for Disney overall (increased hotel bookings, food, tickets, etc) and not hugely profitable for RunDisney specifically.

(that at least would explain some of the horrible decision making I've read about the 2016 event)

I'm watching right along with the rest of you. I was almost wondering if we would see anything at all next year or not. The first 2 races and both changed the registration dates to postponed. While yes they did have emails go out after Star Wars with links to register for some I wonder if those that did it will end up with the money back or some other option given because at this rate I am not holding my breath on them happening. They aren't answering the questions either and just give a run around with the link to what we already know...its "postponed". I know rumor is the course races need to be signed off but I have seen other rumors on another site as well sounding like it could be headed for an end. I just take those thing said with a grain of salt though since there is no proof on things at this point. It would be nice though to hear something from runDisney...I know to much to ask for. LOL

A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

2018 Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend

I'll be super bummed if there is no Star Wars race in Anaheim next year. It is the first time our winter break overlaps race weekend and we won't have to pull our daughter out of school right after being off for 3 weeks.

-- Cindy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chahn View Post
    I'll be super bummed if there is no Star Wars race in Anaheim next year. It is the first time our winter break overlaps race weekend and we won't have to pull our daughter out of school right after being off for 3 weeks.
    Don't count out West Coast runDisney yet for 2018 but on the side of being cautious, make any travel reservations refundable just in case.
    RunningFool

Blog Entries

And so the plot thickens. Early AP registration date and time previously listed for the Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend, as well actual event dates have been removed from the AP site.

Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend presented by PANDORA Jewelry

Stay tuned for registration and event information for the 2018 Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend at runDisney.com

RunningFool

Interesting. So let the theories and rumors continue...

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    Interesting. So let the theories and rumors continue...
    Which wouldn't be theories or rumors if runDisney would just actually communicate for a change and let everyone know what is going on. Or is that too obvious for them...
    RunningFool

Which wouldn't be theories or rumors if runDisney would just actually communicate for a change and let everyone know what is going on. Or is that too obvious for them...
    LOL They can't do obvious.....or communicate. Seriously though it would be nice to have statement made on what is going on because there are many that have to make plans for travel, hotels, etc. I know being local we just get a room for the night but its still planning for it. With Tink, IF I do it again and my friend wants to as well, she has to plan for her share of the room, tickets for the parks and airfare.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    With Tink, IF I do it again and my friend wants to as well, she has to plan for her share of the room, tickets for the parks and airfare.
    I would tell her to save the money as if she was going, and if it turned out she doesn't, she's got a stash of money to do something else with.

I figure there's something going on, something they can't talk about. It happens all the time. When they've got something they can announce, they will.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    I would tell her to save the money as if she was going, and if it turned out she doesn't, she's got a stash of money to do something else with.

I figure there's something going on, something they can't talk about. It happens all the time. When they've got something they can announce, they will.
    She is one of those that doesn't save until its confirmed so she won't have to worry about it yet. LOL

I am sure there is plenty they can't talk about at this time. I get it. We just got done with this year's so I have no issues really with a delay for this one in registering.

Blog Entries
    We just got done with this year's so I have no issues really with a delay for this one in registering.
    I think we're all cool with a delay. It's just the lack of communication that is frustrating. And at least for Tink (unlike SW Light) they are not sitting on a pile of my money already as we wait for them to figure it all out.
    RunningFool

I think we're all cool with a delay. It's just the lack of communication that is frustrating. And at least for Tink (unlike SW Light) they are not sitting on a pile of my money already as we wait for them to figure it all out.
    I agree with you on the lack of communication. Like I said I am sure there is plenty they can't say. Yet they need to figure out what they can say because directing people to the RunDisney site to get the same info is not the way to go. Especially when it comes to SW Light and those that put money into it already.

I wonder if they are going to wait for D23 and do some big announcements then.

Also, we've all been assuming that the rumored Marvel/Superheroes land wouldn't start construction until after Star Wars Land opened but maybe they'll start back lot construction on Marvel now, which would alter the courses for all races including the 5Ks.

Still need to win the lotto so I can plan trips to Disneyland Paris, Tokyo Disney, and Hong Kong Disney.
    I love: my cats, scrapbooking, and all things Disney