Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Uber or Bus..Wilderness Lodge to Fort Wilderness Campground

Uber or Bus..Wilderness Lodge to Fort Wilderness Campground

Hello there! We are treating my parents (71 and 72yr olds) to the world for their 50th Wedding Anniversary in December! My mom has been to WDW once for a few days and my dad has never been. The rest of our clan of 3 adults are frequent visitors. My parents do not travel. They live in a beautiful home and enjoy that most of the time, but are thrilled to go on this trip. For this trip we are trying to do some special things but not drag them around until they are tired and miserable. Since they are not seasoned travelers we are taking things slow. My dad loves reading and seeing the mid west on line and on tv.. (we live on east coast). We were gifted with a 2 bedroom villa in Saratoga Springs but want to have their actual anniversary dinner at Artist Point since my dad loves that type of atmosphere. Then I thought since it will be mid December a nice sleigh ride around Fort Wilderness for the two of them may be a nice way to end that evening. We will be there on their actual anniversary which is 12/16 (we arrive on 12/13). I may rent a car, but to be honest, I really want us to celebrate and don't want to be concerned with drinking and driving. I will need to make the dinner and sleigh ride reservation mid June at my 180 window. I'm not sure how late the sleigh rides run so this is all assuming we have a nice dinner and then can get them over to Fort Wilderness to do the ride. (The rest of us will likely have a drink at the bar while we wait). Without a car I think we could do Uber from hotel to hotel. Or we could go from WL to MK via boat or bus, then hop on a FW bus.. thoughts for easiest transport to these two locations? Thanks for any opinions on the transport or any other ideas you may have to make their anniversary trip special!

2. # ADS

You can take a boat from WL to FW. I was just at WL around 2 weeks ago. I just checked the resort map they gave me to confirm the below.

There are 2 boat launches (same area, just different sides of the ramp). One goes to MK, the other goes to FW and the Contemporary.

I have not taken the boat that goes to the other 2 resorts, so I don't know the order of stops (you will likely need to stop at the Contemporary first either on the trip to FW or the return).

Once you have your plans re: dinner and sleigh ride set up in terms of times, it would probably be a good idea to confirm the boat will still be operating for this route. I know the boats between MK and the resorts generally run for a while after park closing, I do not know if there is a chance the resort to resort boat may run on a different schedule.

Last edited by Dave1313; 05-28-2017 at 07:21 AM. Reason: added thought on boat schedule
    -Dave

Awesome info, I had no idea there is a boat between the two resorts, thank you!