Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Splash Mountain with heavyweights in the log! (hint, you get real wet)

Splash Mountain with heavyweights in the log! (hint, you get real wet)

A few weeks ago we went on Splash Mountain, 2 front seats. The rest of the log was filled with some very heavy people, so heavy that at spots we bumped along. The first drop resulted in a large wave of water of the front of the log. The other drops, no matter how small did the same thing. The final drop sent water about 15 feet above the log and basically filled it with water. At the end the final turn before getting out the log got stuck. We had to rock it side to side to get going.

2. # ADS

Oh my goodness!

Living life to the fullest

http://www.oilyhabit.com/

Waiting impatiently for next trip quackinup's Avatar

I would have thought the opposite. I sat in the front seat once with a bunch of small kids behind me and that dipped the front into the water on the drops and got us soaked. I would think the weight in the back would lift the front up and not cause a wave.

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah!
    Next trip: Disney World May 1-9 2020

I dunno, sounds like a plus on a hot day instead of a con.

The log was just too heavy. We scraped the bottom most of the way.

There is a balance there but yeah, if you get more weight in the back it keeps the nose up and less of a splash. However a heavy log all together, you are getting wet. Reminds me of Gabriel Iglesias' bit on riding Splash with his friend. 😂

My wife got stuck on PoTC at the top of the drop due to a waterlogged boat and heavy passengers. CMs got on the PA and told them to rock it forward and off they went.

Reluctant Runner
    1st Place Advanced: Ready Player One, Spring 2015 =====Now Masters=====
    2nd Place Advanced: Sugar Rush, Fall 2014
    1st Place Basic: Deuces Wild, Spring 2014
    1st Place Basic: Mouseadventure 365, Fall 2013

Waiting impatiently for next trip quackinup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveMartin View Post
    My wife got stuck on PoTC at the top of the drop due to a waterlogged boat and heavy passengers. CMs got on the PA and told them to rock it forward and off they went.
    Ahhh, the new Interactive PotC...
    Zip-a-dee-doo-dah!
    Next trip: Disney World May 1-9 2020

It happened again yesterday. 2 guys, both around 250 in seats 1 and 2 and a total flood in the log on several drops including the last one. We did bump on the bottom several times.

Your Welcome!

Best Way To Contact Me: onelowsuv@comcast.net

Now I think the cast is doing this on purpose. Same thing Saturday. Heavy up front, 15 foot wave floods the log. Grizzly Mtn has nothing on this ride.

This happened to me once, you're supposed to load the heaviest in the back, but the CM loaded two 15-16 year old girls behind my husband and I. I was too afraid to go in front so my Husband who is 6'3" went first. Since he was the largest person in the boat, this created a huge tidal wave at the end, which he saw, and ducked. I was absolutely soaked, so much so that people were staring at me when I left the ride. That was the last time I rode splash mountain, lol. I look forward to riding it when my kids get old enough to go in the front of the log
    '

Quote Originally Posted by jswtsang View Post
    This happened to me once, you're supposed to load the heaviest in the back, but the CM loaded two 15-16 year old girls behind my husband and I. I was too afraid to go in front so my Husband who is 6'3" went first. Since he was the largest person in the boat, this created a huge tidal wave at the end, which he saw, and ducked. I was absolutely soaked, so much so that people were staring at me when I left the ride. That was the last time I rode splash mountain, lol. I look forward to riding it when my kids get old enough to go in the front of the log
    '
    I've been soaked enough on that ride that I had to buy dry clothes (it was about an hour before sunset and we had dinner reservations).
    Reluctant Runner
    1st Place Advanced: Ready Player One, Spring 2015 =====Now Masters=====
    2nd Place Advanced: Sugar Rush, Fall 2014
    1st Place Basic: Deuces Wild, Spring 2014
    1st Place Basic: Mouseadventure 365, Fall 2013

The last 2 times I went on it I was still wet when I got home. Also the left track on The Matterhorn is a wet ending. I have to go on Grizzly River Run to dry off.

I confess, I have been know to wear a poncho on Splash Mountain. Even with quick dry clothes, you still stay wet for a while. Not my favorite thing.

My son weighs like nothing at 6 ft tall and got stuck in the front the last time he went on it. He came off soaked at night. This was the 10th we last went. I don't think I have seen him that soaked in years from that ride unless he had gone on it more than once. By the time we left though he did dry up a lot.

A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Guess I really better pay attention to where I sit on Splash Mountain now since I am a heavy person. LOL

Darlene aka MotoGP Goddess