Summer has arrived early at D-Living in Town Center at Disney Springs. This dynamic home dcor store for Disney fans and kids of every age recently introduced an outdoor summer theme. I caught up with Patrick Scanlan, Manager of Product Design and Development for Disney Parks Merchandise, to get the inside scoop about what guests will find during their next visit.

[D-Living] is celebrating the summer with a bright new theme, explained Patrick. The shop features a mix of home dcor products from Disney Parks and beyond, vibrant summer colors, and intriguing visual elements we hope will inspire our guests.

The space is comprised of eight themed stories that encompass an ultimate Disney summer. Guests will find a blooming garden complete with a brightly decorated table, and a beach-inspired area with decorative surfboards, beach towels, sandals and more. Another section in the shop contains a variety of Star Wars-themed items perfect for an outdoor barbeque with the Force.

David Soliman, Area Manager for Merchandise Presentation at Disney Springs, shared details about the visual displays his team created for the location.
My team and I love being inspired by Disney merchandise to create immersive retail experiences, said David. With D-Living, weve been able to try many new visual displays. This time, we attached a giant Minnie Mouse statue covered in red and white flowers to a brick wall. We also created a twelve-foot stack of blue furniture to display our latest home dcor line, the Citrus Collection. These whimsical displays are a fun way to complement many wonderful products from Disney Parks.

Some of my favorite details include the suspended LED panels that make you feel you are under a cloud-filled, summer sky. The team also painted flower pots to resemble characters from the Star Wars galaxy. I also invite you to look carefully at the butterflies found on the giant green Disney D behind the register area.
D-Living is located adjacent to UNOde50 in Town Center at Disney Springs.

More...