Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Dinner in the Boardwalk area

Dinner in the Boardwalk area

Hello all,

I will be at WDW in November with my aunt. We are thinking about eating dinner our first night there somewhere along the Boardwalk or the Yacht/Beach Club resorts. What are some of your favorites? I've eaten at the Big River Grill and liked it. Sit down is fine, or counter service, but nothing too long (or fancy).

thanks!

2. # ADS

Yachtsman Steak House is WONDERFUL. For a more casual meal, we always liked Big River Grill. We've only eaten outside and can't speak to it inside, but service & food always good. Always found the ESPN place to be a bit loud. Beaches & Cream is fun - make a ADR there for sure if you want to go.

Captain's Grill at the YC is nice. Reasonably priced, generally quiet and decent food.

Our meal at Trattoria al Forno was not great, so I wouldn't recommend it. Crew's Cup is a good casual spot over at Yacht Club. I like Beaches and Cream, but it can be hard to get a reservation. It's a small dining area.

Quote Originally Posted by daisyd0 View Post
    Captain's Grill at the YC is nice. Reasonably priced, generally quiet and decent food.
    Captain's Grill is supposed to be going through some renovations starting this month and is being moved to Ariel's until they are completed.

Thank you all for your recommendations (and warning!)

I liked Flying Fish (though it was still called Flying Fish Cafe when I was last there - I do not believe the food was supposed to radically change theme when it re-opened).

And + 1 for Yachtsman and Beaches & Cream (which is very small as mentioned, but for a party of 2 it might not be bad to get a reservation - very challenging for a party of more than 4 for sure!).

B&C is definitely worth it if you are an ice cream fan. You can get very reasonable food and a nice sundae to top it off. There is also the counter seating. I'm not 100% sure how they deal with the counter, but when I had a reservation, they offered me the counter if I wanted to sit right away(I elected to wait for my table). There is a chance they mostly leave the counter for walk ups, but like I said, I'm not sure. If you and your aunt are OK with counter seating, that may help.

Yachtsman and Flying Fish may technically be in the slightly "fancy" category, I believe they are both restaurants with a mild dress code. See their listings on the WDW site for details.

Last edited by Dave1313; 05-20-2017 at 10:28 AM.
    -Dave

Waiting impatiently for next trip quackinup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ericles View Post
    Beaches & Cream is fun - make a ADR there for sure if you want to go.
    Wow, I've never been over there but never would have thought that would be a place needing an ADR.

Quote Originally Posted by stan4d_steph View Post
    Our meal at Trattoria al Forno was not great, so I wouldn't recommend it.
    Sorry to hear that. Thought about heading there while I was at Boardwalk Inn to try their Carbonara but didn't have a place amidst my many ADR's and planned on trying to hit it in July.
    Zip-a-dee-doo-dah!
    Next trip: Disney World May 1-9 2020

Dinner in the Boardwalk area

If you like fish they do a clambake buffet at Cape May Cafe. I had a great meal at the Captain's Grill but that was 7 years ago......

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)