Thread: Coral Reef Restaurant - Dining Aquatic

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Coral Reef Restaurant - Dining Aquatic

Coral Reef Restaurant - Dining Aquatic by Roan Poulter

Roan and his family dine at Coral Reef Restaurant in Epcot's The Seas

Read it here!

2. # ADS

I have to admit that this is one of the few restaurants in Epcot that we just don't care for. We've eaten there a total of three times, the most recent being about six or seven years ago, and we've never once had a meal that we'd consider better than mediocre. The last time we ate there, the food for all five of us at the table (with each ordering something different) was pretty bad. For the prices they charge, it's not worth it.

Copacabana is a Barry Manilow song. Ricky Ricardo worked at the Tropicana, which he bought and renamed Club Babalu (sp?).

"I'm not interested in what you did yesterday, because I'm not going to be there. I know I can do that. It's the next thing that I'm interested in" (Walt Disney)
    "Sometimes it's not to your benefit to mess with things that are above your reach. You don't want to show yourself to be too stupid." (Bob Dylan)

I wanted to point out one discrepancy regarding the table with the food allergy. Disney takes food allergies very seriously, so when you mention them in your reservation or to the waiter, Disney goes above and beyond at all of their restaurants. Yes, you are given a special menu, and they offer to have the chef come out and speak with you. When you place your order, they run it by the chef to be sure you haven't chosen an item that contains one of your allergens, and will come back in the event you accidentally do. I've never been just handed a book and not given a great amount of extra attention. I've always been supremely impressed with Disney's attention to food allergies!

Quote Originally Posted by ralfrick View Post
    Copacabana is a Barry Manilow song. Ricky Ricardo worked at the Tropicana, which he bought and renamed Club Babalu (sp?).
    This.
    John

Waiting impatiently for next trip quackinup's Avatar

Can't say that I'm excited by the menu (not much of a seafood fan) but this is a place I may have to try once just for the atmosphere, like I did the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater.

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah!
    Next trip: Disney World May 1-9 2020