Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: My Disney Top 5 - Things to See in Walt Disney World's Liberty Square

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

My Disney Top 5 - Things to See in Walt Disney World's Liberty Square

My Disney Top 5 - Things to See in Walt Disney World's Liberty Square by Chris Barry

Chris counts down the very best that Liberty Square has to offer.

Read it here!

2. # ADS

Disney Animation Fan

The Hall of Presidents is great for some air conditioning, giving your feet a break, or an escape from the rain. If the political and historical aspects of the attraction do not appeal to you, just admire the great animatronic work on the old presidents.

I have to say, Chris, Muppets Present... is a must do for anyone who grew up with those characters (and everyone else). I suggest seeing both the Declaration and Paul Revere versions.

Regards,
    Alan S Dalinka

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have to give HoP a try! I don't like that the current president speaks (whatever your politics, it is too polarizing) but otherwise it is a great show. As I tell my little nephews, "You'll never know until you try"

One of my favorite places in the park, Chris, mostly because of the usually more relaxed pace here. Thanks for taking us with you.

Little things that didn't make your list (limiting yourself to five is sort of like only getting to bring one toy to Pizza Planet): the rocking chairs by the exit of the shop next to HoP (great place to watch a parade); the Sleepy Hollow snack shop (which made your photo list but received no ink that I remember seeing), where the waffle sandwiches are insanely delicious (but oh how I miss the freshly made caramel corn which was leagues better than the stuff now made at the caramel shop in Epcot); the stockades, a right of passage to be tall enough to have your picture taken there; and finally, even though you included the Columbia Harbour House, particularly the second floor, you didnt mention (that I remember) the best spot on the second floor: the bridge room, my favorite place to eat. By the way, I tend to read to too quickly, so if you did cover any of these places, a thousand and one apologies. This isn't a critique, just my contribution to the ever expanding lists that you are so kind to start for us.

Other thoughts on your excellent article...

Haunted Mansion: still one of my favs, but I really wish they hadn't made it a fastpass ride. The line always moved very quickly without the fastpass, and now the wait can be a bit much. I don't like using a precious fastpass on the mansion. Plus, in my declining years I tend to get a little claustrophobic once inside as they corral both elevator loads into a single file line just before getting on the doom buggy. I still go, but I have to meditate a bit so as not to panic. The theming of the HM is on par with Pirates, in my opinion the two best themed queues in the Magic Kingdom.

Hall of Presidents: I have always hoped that they would turn this into a founding fathers/mothers exhibit, where some of the universal favorites could recite some of their most famous lines, teach us a bit of history, make us proud(er) to be Americans, show off the animatronics, and cool us off with some air conditioning. Roughly 50% of us will always be upset with the results of the previous contest, so why be an additional catalyst for the resulting divisiveness?

The market place: freshly grilled corn on the cob and toasted yams...enough said. Yum! It's nice to be able to find healthy snacks.

Thanks again for the great read.

1999 - Coronado; 2003 - DL's Paradise Pier ; 2005 - All Star Music; 2007 - POP; 2008 - Paradise Pier; 2009 - POP ; 2010 - Dolphin; 2011 - POP; 2012 - POFQ; 2013 - POFQ; 2014 - POFQ; 2015 - Art of Animation; 2016 - Pop; July 2017 - POFQ

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, but what happens at Disney stays with you a lifetime

Considering how small the land is, there's a lot to love in Liberty Square! It's very hard to narrow the land down to five favorites, actually. Let me see if I can come up with a list of my own.

5) Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe -- always a fun place to browse, no matter what time of year. Both the interior and the exterior are really interesting.

4) Sleepy Hollow Treats -- one of the best snack locations in WDW. The cookie ice cream sandwiches are a guilty pleasure for when you're really, really hungry.

3) The Muppets -- the new show with the Muppets is done really well. Funny, clever, and immensely entertaining.

2) The Hall of Presidents -- as someone else said, it would be nice if they went back to the way the attraction was before Clinton, where the current president doesn't speak. Other than that, it's an impressive attraction. (One of our very favorite references in the Tiki Room's "Under New Management" show came at the very end, after the audience had left the show, when Iago comments that he's going to head over to the Hall of Presidents and take a nap. That's one of the great things about the HoP!) Unfortunately, we probably won't go into the HoP again until 2021...

1) The Haunted Mansion -- Simply one of the best attractions in all of WDW. I love that the exterior is themed to a different "land" in each of Disney's Magic Kingdom parks (especially the "Psycho House" look of Phantom Manor in Frontierland at Disneyland Paris). The Hudson River Valley look of WDW's mansion is very fitting in the Liberty Square setting.

There are so many other things to love about the land, though. From the Liberty Bell to the Liberty Tree to the Liberty Tree Tavern restaurant to the Liberty Belle riverboat...and then there's the yellowish "stream" flowing down the middle of the sidewalks.