Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Planning for October 2017

Cool Planning for October 2017

Hi,

Can I ask how the average weather is around the first week of October VS the last week?
    And crowds, is there any less busy days in October?

We were there the 1st week last Oct and it was pretty warm, almost 90 (Too warm for us)
    Crowds were ok. We did the Halloween party but don't plan on doing it this year. They changed the photo op with the Villians and also took away the black carriage they rode in on. That was very cool!
    Also, fireworks were cancelled, the weather was perfect! So, too much money to be disappointed again

Thank you, appreciate any input on best week in October!!

2. # ADS

Love me some Disneyland! binky0814's Avatar

We ALWAYS go the first week of October. Agree that the weather is GREAT and the crowds are not too bad. In recent years, tho, the crowds are growing, even mid-week. We also do the Halloween Party so we can take advantage of the longer hours in the park and thinner crowds.

Oct can be hit or miss on weather. It can be extreme heat or it can be on the cooler side. There is no way to say what it will be for sure when you go until that time is closer. As for crowds I don't think there is a good day during that month between the Halloween offerings, the unofficial events that go on, and schools out in some places for a Fall Break or other reasons. Its gotten worse IMO as the years have gone on since they put the parties over there and push Halloween in the parks. I say though as long as you aren't going the first weekend of Oct or the weeks after the first one it probably isn't has bad as the rest of the month.

A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Gay Days is always the first full weekend. Causes crowds.
    UEA used to be the same weekend but is now the third week. Causes crowds. Depending what day of the week the 31st is on, Nevada schools have a 3 day weekend around then. The 31st is their state holiday, used to be on the 31st but floats now.

Thank you for your reply. I guess we'll take our chances with the first week of Oct. It's so crowded anymore almost not as fun as it used to be.
    Still on the fence about the Halloween party. We did go last year, very warm weather, and they cancelled the Halloween fireworks. For whatever reason.... Don't think we'll pay the extra money this year

October in southern California can be all over the place. We get heat (which you experienced) but we can also get some rain and often Santa Ana winds (dry, hot winds). And as Berry Princess said, some schools have a Fall break and/or minimum days due to Parent-Teacher conferences.