Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Downtown disney resteraunts

Downtown disney resteraunts

Just wanted to know what resteraunts people feel are the best in downtown disney. We have a trip in may of 2018. Usually we go to espn zone but were maybe wanting something different.

2. # ADS

Self-Proclaimed Disney Queen! Pammer's Avatar

I do like Rainforest Caf & Tortilla Joe's, but some people don't. I've recently discovered Ralph Brennan's & their live jazz music on the weekends...book a table around 6:45pm and you'll be able to have music while you eat!

Pam
    DL trips: too many to remember actual dates, but they began in the 60s!
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021

We like the Jazz Kitchen, too. Also Uva Bar -- fun people watching.

Another vote for the Uva Bar. They have a pretty good menu there - you can munch outside and enjoy the crowds rushing around.

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

The LeBrea bakery has some very good breakfasts

"If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

We go to Tortilla Jo's every visit because it is so good. Next visit we are going to try Ralph Brennan's because we are going with a big group, my husband and I want to go to that restaurant without our daughter. She is super picky and I didn't see anything on the menu worth her trying. Plus it will give us some adult time on the trip.

Rainforest Cafe is fun but we have one about an hour and a half from our house so it's not super exciting for us. One of these days I want to spend a month in Disneyland just so I can eat everything I want to. A week just isn't enough eating time!

"It's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then." Alice, Alice in Wonderland

Don't call me Grumpy! CMHusband's Avatar

The pizza restaurant called Naples has AWESOME pizza.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Check out my Walt's Apartment tour on flickr here http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7625183415995/

Sorry, self deleted.

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    Another vote for the Uva Bar. They have a pretty good menu there - you can munch outside and enjoy the crowds rushing around.
    Yes! Uva Bar and La Brea Bakery come with entertainment! It's very nice to relax and watch people. The LBB dining area is more protected from the weather, but the Uva Bar is right out there in the middle of everything and attracts a livelier clientele. It's definitely noisier because of that. Earl of Sandwich can be fun in the evening if there's a good band playing at the ESPNzone Stage. Plus their prices are easier to swallow (pun intended) than most of the other restaurants. Hard to get a seat sometimes, but people don't usually linger, so seats open up pretty quick usually. It's not a table service place, so no comped parking. The second floor/balcony evening dining can be magical at Naple's Ristorante, Jazz Kitchen, and Catal.

Blog Entries

We like Tortilla Jo's, and the taqueria too. If we are relaxing, we go to the main restaurant (and Sat night, Disney's Mariachi Divas play) but if we are wanting something quicker, we go to the outside taqueria.

We also like Rainforest breakfast. Naples wasn't my favorite. We had very slow service and felt it was a waste.

Planning 3 trips at once...

I am curious about Napolini. Is it the same pizza as Napels? I see from reviews it's a serve by the slice kind of place but can you sit down and order a whole pizza if you want?

I'm pretty sure you can as I seem to recall the diners next to us with a whole pie. The panini's are good too.

We've been to Rainforest and ESPN Zone, if I had to pick based upon value and food I would go with the latter. Need to try some of the other places one day but if we are spending money on a big family meal we usually pick a spot in the parks. Our old family tradition was Big Thunder BBQ but next time we all go we will need to find a new place to start the tradition anew.

We recently dined at Catal. Our guests enjoyed the menu ('California style, but not too intimidating' was their take. NR would have been too adventurous for them.), and the table location was great (upstairs, opposite Build a Bear). When the fireworks started, we had a nice view. Dessert with fireworks was a hit all around.

Love me some Disneyland! binky0814's Avatar

I've eaten at all of the restaurants there and honestly, my favorite now is The Earl of Sandwich. Mostly because we just eat and go. The food is good, hearty and inexpensive, all things considered. The breafast sandwiches are really good.

Quote Originally Posted by tinker3 View Post
    I am curious about Napolini. Is it the same pizza as Napels? I see from reviews it's a serve by the slice kind of place but can you sit down and order a whole pizza if you want?
    Yes

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Check out my Walt's Apartment tour on flickr here http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7625183415995/

I've always wanted to try Earl of Sandwich but every time I try something comes up and I miss out. I'll get there one of these days

Quote Originally Posted by NickP View Post
    I've always wanted to try Earl of Sandwich but every time I try something comes up and I miss out. I'll get there one of these days
    Also really good. They bake the bread there and they are like little loaves of bread, not typical sandwich rolls - really tasty. - sadly they had an amazing meatball sandwich that has been removed from the menu. my only complaint.