Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Really Important Flame Tree BBQ Question

Really Important Flame Tree BBQ Question

Hi. I'm just a week away from my next WDW trip, and I have a concern. I almost always have a lunch at the Flame Tree BBQ in DAK, enjoying the 1/2 rack of ribs. Well, now they're offering a full rack. My question is, is the 1/2 rack still available? A full rack is way too much food, but if that's all they are serving I'm gonna have to make adjustments. Thanks.

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

2. # ADS

Waiting impatiently for next trip quackinup's Avatar

If you were 2 weeks away I'd just meet you there and eat the other half

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah!
    Next trip: Disney World May 1-9 2020

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    Hi. I'm just a week away from my next WDW trip, and I have a concern. I almost always have a lunch at the Flame Tree BBQ in DAK, enjoying the 1/2 rack of ribs. Well, now they're offering a full rack. My question is, is the 1/2 rack still available? A full rack is way too much food, but if that's all they are serving I'm gonna have to make adjustments. Thanks.
    The last time we were there, they had the full rack listed prominently on the menu, but underneath it, still available but in less noticeable fashion, the 1/2 rack. That's what I always get too, the 1/2 rack.
    "Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!" -- Donald Duck

That's the way it was last September when I was there. But I haven't seen that option on any online menu, so it's got me a bit worried.

- James Taylor

Oh the good ol' Flame Tree. To be honest I've always found the food to be on par with other quick serve type places, although admittedly my husband loves it, but the seating area is just so darn pleasant that we find ourselves always including it on our days plans at AK. In fact I think Eric gets the 1/2 rack as well, so I'll be interested in knowing the answer to this myself.
    Enjoy your lunch Dan!

I don't do ribs anywhere else, but for some reason I ALWAYS get that 1/2 rack at the Flame Tree - yummy!

- James Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    That's the way it was last September when I was there. But I haven't seen that option on any online menu, so it's got me a bit worried.
    I wish they would put a photo of the menu on the WDW site rather than a text list of the menu.. That way it would be easier to tell what is a snack credit is and things like this etc..