Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: May refurbs?

May refurbs?

Hi everyone, anybody know what is down for refurbishment in the middle of may? I know its not always the same but a general idea would be helpful

2. # ADS

If you'll look at this week's Disneyland Update, there's a pretty good list of what's down and for how long.

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Thank you but i wasnt referring to this may in particular but we may go next may and so i was just curiouse if there was a pattern of certain rides going down in may

I don't think anyone will have this information. You can look at the current closures and get an idea. But Disney does things in their own unique way, so I don't think anyone will be able to predict next year. Course, I could be wrong . . .

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

May isn't one of the months with consistent ride closures. Something will be down, but not the same thing. Halloween and Christmas cause the ride closures for overlay add on and removal. And the water rides are generally closed one at a time during the cooler months. But April and May are generally just whatever needs sprucing up. I think Indy is down in May this year. Two years ago when we went in May both Matterhorn and Peter Pan were down.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tdavis View Post
    Thank you but i wasnt referring to this may in particular but we may go next may and so i was just curiouse if there was a pattern of certain rides going down in may
    Not really. Like was said, it is the month for catch up.... In 2014, it was Space, Small World, and Pirates. In 2015 it was Matterhorn, Indy and Peter Pan. 2016 it was Monorail and Pirates. This year appears to be Monorail and Indy.
    Planning 3 trips at once...

Thank you everyone, its always nerve wwracking to go in a new month from what you usually do

Self-Proclaimed Disney Queen! Pammer's Avatar

FYI...Grad Nites start up in mid-May as well and run through mid-June, plus Mother's Day weekend has the Tinker Bell races so the earlier in May you can go would probably be better (except for all of the school groups in the parks during the day )!

Pam
    DL trips: too many to remember actual dates, but they began in the 60s!
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021