Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Star Tours and Star Wars land

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Star Tours and Star Wars land

Information and my thoughts about the news released today about Star Tours and Star Wars land at Star Wars Celebration.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Will be interesting to see how they track the guests in the land for that and deal with the crowds. As well as how many people won't be into being "tracked" in the land for whatever reason. Thanks for that write up. I know I am not into Star Wars but have my husband and kids that are so they are looking forward to this.

A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    Will be interesting to see how they track the guests in the land for that and deal with the crowds. As well as how many people won't be into being "tracked" in the land for whatever reason. Thanks for that write up. I know I am not into Star Wars but have my husband and kids that are so they are looking forward to this.
    Would not be surprised that they have a "Level" of how deep do you want to go?"

I love Princess Aurora Princess Aurora Fan's Avatar

I know I will have no problem with it since I will not walk into that land. I like Star Wars but I don't like how Disney has done it and also still not liking Star Wars in Disney. Star Wars to me fits better in Universal then Disney as well does Marvel. So I will not step food in there.

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    Information and my thoughts about the news released today about Star Tours and Star Wars land at Star Wars Celebration.
    im in agreement with you on the conflicting forces between trying to control the crowds and providing an experience that incentivizes you to stay longer than you may elsewhere. Kind of like the passholder dilemma they always talk about -if you hang out to interact - and don't keep buying things or riding rides the pressue is on to try and reduce congestion. Maybe they upsell the experiences (like everything else these days)...
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

I watched the video of the Star Wars Land presentation. As a Star Wars fan from 1977 all I can say is, where do I get my blaster and lightsaber? It is still two years from opening so things could change from what they said just like any attraction can from the start until it opens. By the time the land opens up we should be in the countdown for Episode IX.

Thinking of a blaster ( probably not due to current safety regs at the park ) or Lightsaber as the interaction link. If you have the special ones. Then if you are good at either the Falcon or the Imperal battle then thats how they will track you. Kind of like a certain wand at another place. Be kind of fun esp at Halloween or some type of Star Wars day.