Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Remodeled rooms at Grand Californian

Awright! Remodeled rooms at Grand Californian

Hello Disney Peeps,
    I was wondering if anyone out there has stayed in one of the newly remodeled rooms at the Grand Californian yet? We are staying there next week and a cast member online told me that a lot of the rooms are complete. I would love to hear some of your opinions on the changes. Thanks.

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by kisnkaren View Post
    Hello Disney Peeps,
    I was wondering if anyone out there has stayed in one of the newly remodeled rooms at the Grand Californian yet? We are staying there next week and a cast member online told me that a lot of the rooms are complete. I would love to hear some of your opinions on the changes. Thanks.
    We stayed there this past week. There are no more bunk beds, which meant my kids had to share a queen. They don't have roll a way beds and our room couch did not have a pull out. There are no more bath tubs. My kids are old enough to take showers so that was okay. They have the removable shower heads so washing hair worked out. Beds were very comfortable. They had a lot of USB ports for recharging phones and tablets in the wall. The TV was a nice big flat screen - I'm not sure the size. Overall, it was a very nice, comfortable room.

The pool is being remodeled so if you want to swim you need to take a shuttle to the Disneyland Hotel. I would have liked to do that, but we were not staying long enough to take advantage of it.

Thanks for your response. Very helpful!

Blog Entries

Looking forward to staying at the GCH this weekend!

"Your cadaverous pallor betrays an aura of foreboding, almost as though you sense a disquieting metamorphosis. Is this haunted room actually stretching?"

No bunk beds? Apperently they dont want families to stay that makes no sense

Quote Originally Posted by cinntwist2 View Post
    We stayed there this past week. There are no more bunk beds, which meant my kids had to share a queen. They don't have roll a way beds and our room couch did not have a pull out. There are no more bath tubs. My kids are old enough to take showers so that was okay. They have the removable shower heads so washing hair worked out. Beds were very comfortable. They had a lot of USB ports for recharging phones and tablets in the wall. The TV was a nice big flat screen - I'm not sure the size. Overall, it was a very nice, comfortable room.

The pool is being remodeled so if you want to swim you need to take a shuttle to the Disneyland Hotel. I would have liked to do that, but we were not staying long enough to take advantage of it.
    Wow, we loved the bunk beds. Did they say if all of the bunk beds were gone? And the bathtubs too? That seems really unfriendly to families with small children which is weird for Disney.
    "It's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then." Alice, Alice in Wonderland

Remodeled rooms at Grand Californian

The couch doesn't flip to a bed like the ones in PPH do?

DLand/DCA-9/17,5/16,9/15,3/15,11/12,9/10,4/09,4/06,7/00
    1st time cruising ever was "Cruise to Nowhere 1/2011"

I will go there next month.