Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: disney addict first time at Universal

disney addict first time at Universal

Hello.

I have Disney and wdw planning so ingrained in me that I'm at a complete loss anytime I try to book a UO vaca online. Well we finally just called and booked for early October, but I want to be certain we got the best price. Or that I know where and when to watch for the best deals.

Is UO "special offers" schedule like DW, as far as paying "rack" rates until better deals released a month or two before travel dates?

As of now, we have a 6nt stay in a PREFERRED room at Cabana Bay with park to park tix for ALL 7 days...including WATER PARK. I understand we got the "best value" but this is more than we wanted.

We aren't "get the best value" people. We like to save and pay for nothing more than we need or will use. We do not care to have a pool view room. Standard will do and, really, we prefer not to have a rm close to the pool. Well, we were told for some reason we saved a bit by booking the "better" rm. We don't intend to go to the parks every single day. We really only wanted to buy 4 day park to park passes. Also, we aren't interested in visiting the new water park. We prefer to hang out at the resort pool...maybe even head to Disney for a day. Well we were told the better passes were more for a few $s cheaper. As an incentive to visit the new park.

I don't mean to sound ungrateful about the 'freebies' but this is new to me and, to be honest, the 2 reps we talked to weren't much help. Nice enough. But just not much help. And we were on the phone FOREVER with both of them.

So I guess we're paying rack rates with a couple freebies thrown in. Idk. I read somewhere that buying tix and hotel separately is best way to go? When should I look for these deals?

Their website is confusing to us. I can't distinguish between a "special offer" and just a normal package. Could be Im just used to DWs site.

Any advice on Universal planning? Or another source I can check out? Or a good travel agent who knows universal?

Any info would be much appreciated!

So sorry this is so long! I do tend to be OCD when planning a vaca like this.

Erin

2. # ADS