Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: No more BVS bugle at DCA?

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

No more BVS bugle at DCA?

I may have missed any notice or announcement but yesterday and today no copies of BVS bugle. No empty stands either at GR or other places.

I liked those. I thought it was a unique element of BVS.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

2. # ADS

I had to ask the last couple of times. They may still have done away with them, I just know they weren't just sitting out, even inside of GR.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    I had to ask the last couple of times. They may still have done away with them, I just know they weren't just sitting out, even inside of GR.
    I did not ask (I was in a hurry). I will make an attempt next time.

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Asked at Chamber of Commerce this evening. CM assured me that the BVSB is definitely still around and that they are just waiting for the fall issue to arrive. Once it does, the stands will be put back out.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    Asked at Chamber of Commerce this evening. CM assured me that the BVSB is definitely still around and that they are just waiting for the fall issue to arrive. Once it does, the stands will be put back out.
    Good to know. The rack was removed from the spot at GR and it appeared like all was removed.

Checked this evening and still no Bugle. CMs said they were really surprised that this edition was so late in arriving. They said it should arrive any day. If anyone sees the Bugle, please post!

Blog Entries

Well, I asked about the Bugle yesterday in DCA. Two of the cast members did not even know what I was talking about - and another shrugged and told her to tell me (since they don't just let you walk in anymore it seems) that its been discontinued. Well, it was neat while it lasted.

Just FYI - they had a "special edition" of the Bugle for the DVC party at DCA earlier this month. Those were passed out with the wrist-bands and had the park map and event information. So they still have access to their printer, whether or not they are using them for regular editions. Weird?

We ask regularly at the Chamber of Commerce. CMs there say they, too, are waiting for the Bugle and have no idea what's going on. One CM said he was certain there would be a holiday issue, but I still haven't seen it.

Asked again at Chamber of Commerce tonight. The CM said that she believed that the Bugle is no more since the department that was in charge of it was cut. Start sending your comments/complaints to Disney!

I asked about the Bugle in October and was told that it had been discontinued the previous month. The plaids didn't pretend there was a chance it might be delayed or come back. They said it was discontinued in a matter of fact way without speculating on a reason. I know CMs often have various stories, but when they don't tell a guest what they want to hear, or give false hope, I tend to think that their "no" is probably the truth.

Don't call me Grumpy! CMHusband's Avatar

Sad to say, for now it's no more. Departments, managers, and budgets were moved around and suddenly the Bugle was discontinued. I've spoken to some folks who worked on it. I was told no one really knows if it will come back or not. That's on a corporate level. I truly think think aren't sure for now what they are going to do about it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Check out my Walt's Apartment tour on flickr here http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7625183415995/

While it might make a comeback some day, it looks like the Buena Vista Bugle has been discontinued. Sad to say, but when I asked the CM said the 60th Diamond Celebration was the last one.