Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My WDW trip accomplishments of the day part 5

Straightened out my MDE issue (really a somewhat common issue it seems after talking to the tech help line) regarding not ever getting an indication I was ready to customize my Magic Band for an upcoming trip. Customized!

FYI, if anyone makes a resort reservation and you don't get the message within a month or so before your trip starts, you should probably call. It seems the system has been having an issue where it sometimes doesn't recognize the resort reservation to trigger the Magic Band customization even if the reservation looks perfectly normal in every other way in MDE.

Considering doing similar to what quackinup shows, but I may wait until after accumulating a few more before mixing the colors. Still thinking on that.

-Dave

2. # ADS

I thought about swapping my blue and purple for this past trip but didn't get it done before we left, so...

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
    UK unexpected extra bout of democracy announcement has pushed the exchange rate up. Changed some 's to $'s in minor celebration!!!!!
    More freedom is a good thing. Your economy should continue to improve. Best part is, you're going to WDW soon!

Decided to change up the parks I am going to and change FP+. My first two days, which I have after 5pm conference tickets, I was going to go to HS and Epcot. Third day, which I have a regular admission ticket, planning on going to MK, but have to leave at 2pm to get to the airport. I have decided to pass on HS in order to do MK at night. So switch over my FP+ from HS to MK rides. But had some bumps in the road. I couldn't log into MDE. It kept telling me my username and password could not be found. I tried resetting my password several times with no luck. I called into their support line. The CM said they have been having some issues with stuck profiles. She tried to send me a link to reset my password in another manner and she couldn't even get the email to send out of her system. She had to escalate a support ticket. Last night I was able to reset my password and log in. New FP+ in place and all is well!

Disneyland will always be home, but WDW is starting to win me over.

Tried to talk my brother in law into coming with us in November. He is always fun to go to WDW with. We are waiting for the specials to come available until we book. Maybe July?

My WDW trip accomplishments of the day part 5

Booked a one night stay at Universal's Portofino Bay Hotel for the middle of our July 2018 trip to access front of line passes for our two days at Universal.

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
    Booked a one night stay at Universal's Portofino Bay Hotel for the middle of our July 2018 trip to access front of line passes for our two days at Universal.
    I want to stay there next time I go to Universal! We have stayed at the other two and loved them but have only visited Portofino for dinner.
    Let us know how you like it.

Out of this world for Disney DwarfPlanet's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Scored the time frame I wanted at the SoG for Christmas! Never been to WDW at Christmas, ought to be a fun time!

"Although we think it's DOPEY that Pluto has been downgraded to a dwarf planet, which has made some people GRUMPY and others just SLEEPY, we are not BASHFUL in saying we would be HAPPY if Disney's Pluto would join us as an 8th dwarf. We think this is just what the DOC ordered and is nothing to SNEEZE at."

Reserved my rental car. Had enough points to shave 2 days off the rental price for this trip.

-Dave

Quote Originally Posted by DwarfPlanet View Post
    Scored the time frame I wanted at the SoG for Christmas! Never been to WDW at Christmas, ought to be a fun time!
    It will be! The decor is awesome.