Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Fantasmic!! 2.0

Fantasmic!! 2.0

I heard that the new fantasmic show might be opening in may?? May 27th was the day I was told. Can anyone confirm that?? And if so do we know if they are gonna be bring back the old GOOD preferred viewing packages? Not the ones you get the pad and sit on the ground but the good ones with the chairs and snack boxes. Thank you

2. # ADS

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The only thing official from Disneyland is the post from last year that River attractions and Fantasmic would open Summer 2017. That can mean Memorial Day weekend - or July 4th weekend, or August. There has been plenty of speculation as well as unconfirmed "insider" information regarding the content of the show and possible opening dates - but nothing official.

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Actually Memorial day weekend is not Summer. When Carsland opened it opened in Spring of 2012 and opened on June 15th. Summer does not start until June 21st. I haven't seen anything new to change from Summer to "Spring".
    Guardians opens right around May 27th, maybe someone is confusing the 2?

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    Guardians opens right around May 27th, maybe someone is confusing the 2?
    I was thinking that too. Guardians opens May 27 with the start of the Summer of Heroes promotion.

I was wondering if we should expect to see audition calls for the new and old Fantasmic positions. If so, that would give some idea of when they expect it to start.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Well if its around the same time as the train opening back up, and those that work with the trains are right, I would guess around July. That is what we got told when we were by the trains for when that is suppose to be back up and running. I can't see the Rivers of America opened up before it but it all at the same time. Wouldn't be surprised if its around the parks anniversary date either. Unless something happens to delay everything. Yet in the end we all have no clue on an official date since Disney hasn't given one so its a wait and see game it seems like.

cstephens, I could swear I saw something on another board about audition calls for Fantasmic a bit ago. I could be wrong though but I think they already had started.

A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

And D23 Expo 2017 is the weekend of Park anniversary

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Summer of Heroes starts on Memorial Day weekend with the opening of Mission Breakout. The announcement for it said the Train and River attractions would open "later in summer." So when that is is anyone's guess, but it does mean after Memorial Day.

Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    ...I could swear I saw something on another board about audition calls for Fantasmic a bit ago. I could be wrong though but I think they already had started.
    A friend of ours auditioned for and got selected for F! Next time we see him, we'll ask if he can share any news about an opening date.

Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    A friend of ours auditioned for and got selected for F! Next time we see him, we'll ask if he can share any news about an opening date.
    Congrats to your friend and how fun for him too! It will be interesting to see if they have a date given yet.
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

What are some of the new things that are going to be in the show?

"If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post

cstephens, I could swear I saw something on another board about audition calls for Fantasmic a bit ago. I could be wrong though but I think they already had started.
    They were at the end of January.

AVP
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

With the Electrical Parade extending that could be an indicator on when Fantasmic opens....I would guess that would be case?

Quote Originally Posted by MadasaHatter View Post
    With the Electrical Parade extending that could be an indicator on when Fantasmic opens....I would guess that would be case?
    yeah, i take the MSEP being extended as an indication that fantasmic still isn't ready.
    Everyday is an adventure.