Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Are the Pirate Rooms looking worn out?

Are the Pirate Rooms looking worn out?

Hello Everyone,
    I would like to try out the Pirate Rooms for a quicky 3/31-4/1 trip. Has anyone stayed in the Pirate Rooms lately? Are they starting to look worn? I only ask because the rest of the resort has been refurbed and looks very good to me. So I'm not sure that I would be happy with an overly used Pirate room.
    Also, if I get a Pirate Room is there any particular building I should ask for? I have my own car and prefer to drive myself to the front to go eat, so distance isn't a problem.

Thanks in advance!

2. # ADS

I stayed in one last year in May (wasn't specifically seeking it, but it's what I got with my CB reservation). I don't have anything to compare to since I've only stayed in that type of room once, but it seemed nice enough to me.

I've got a few pictures of the room if it may help: (I've got others if there is a specific thing you want to see that I don't have in the pics below- feel free to ask)

IMG_3975_lo-res.jpg

IMG_3976_lo-res.jpg

IMG_3978_lo-res.jpg

IMG_3982_lo-res.jpg

IMG_3984_lo-res.jpg

This was in Trinidad South, building 39, so about as far away from the main area as possible - I walked to breakfast once just to enjoy the scenery, but I wouldn't want to leave time for that walk every day.

-Dave

Thanks so much Dave for the information and sharing your lovely pics! The room looks awesome!

GnP

Waiting impatiently for next trip quackinup's Avatar

GnP, were the restaurants closed for refurb when you were there?

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah!
    Next trip: Disney World May 1-9 2020

Are the Pirate Rooms looking worn out?

I wouldn't go near the CB at the moment it's a building site by all accounts. There are 100's of threads on a UK forum I go on detailing the massive pay outs WDW are making to guests who booked in good faith.

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
    I wouldn't go near the CB at the moment it's a building site by all accounts. There are 100's of threads on a UK forum I go on detailing the massive pay outs WDW are making to guests who booked in good faith.
    That kind of answers my question. I noticed that with the Summer promo I could switch from Pop to CB for the same price, but then I read about all the refurbs going on there and decided it might not be a good idea. Plus I'm not a big fan of resorts shuttles that travel around the property making several stops, I always seem to end up at the last stop and the full buses all pass me by. lol
    Last edited by quackinup; 06-15-2017 at 09:07 PM.
    Zip-a-dee-doo-dah!

Quote Originally Posted by quackinup View Post
    GnP, were the restaurants closed for refurb when you were there?
    Hi quckinup. I'm so sorry that I missed your question. I actually decided against the Pirate room on that trip. I agree with scooby. CB is a construction site right now. I haven't seen it myself but I can't help but wonder how awkward it would be to use the food trucks during a storm.

Yeah, I decided to stick with what I had.

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah!