Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Disneyland Resort Update for March 20-26, 2017

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Disneyland Resort Update for March 20-26, 2017

Disneyland Resort Update for March 20-26, 2017 by Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix

Spring Break season begins | Tasting notes | New Disney Junior Dance Party show debuts in May | 50 years of Salty Old Pirates | Construction Land | This and that

Read it here!

2. # ADS

Anyone else think the Tower of Terror looks hideous? I've never been a fan of the steampunk design, and this new Tower takes it to an extreme. It just doesn't fit with Buena Vista St.

Working for Disney. No, no. Working (in a Modesto office) for (the money to take a trip to) Disney (World/Land)

WDW Trips: June 2002, Feb 2004, Dec 2006, Dec 2008, Jan 2010, Feb 2011, Dec 2012
    Disneyland Trips: Feb 2006, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, Feb, March, June 2015 (x2), Nov 2015

Romance @ Disney Goddess
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

DH and I think they should have gone Captain America -- at least the 20s/40s time period fits better, as does the location (and we like Capt. better than GOTG)

Hakuna Matata
    Parent of a Princess, Disney Cruise Line Community Leader, DL College Program Alum (PM me for info) , and former Disney Store Plush Princess
    There's nothing like listening to "Feed the Birds" while sitting on the steps of St. Paul's.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwel View Post
    DH and I think they should have gone Captain America -- at least the 20s/40s time period fits better, as does the location (and we like Capt. better than GOTG)
    Exactly this. First, Cap is an Icon among Marvel characters. Definitely my fave. I mean, who are the GOTG anyway? If you took all of the recent Marvel movies (including AntMan), I'd pick everyone of them to watch before I'd watch GOTG again.

But I like your thinking: Captain America's original story is circa 1940s. That's a perfect time to fit into the theme of that area. This is just a lame and stupid cash grab by the Disney execs.
    Working for Disney. No, no. Working (in a Modesto office) for (the money to take a trip to) Disney (World/Land)

WDW Trips: June 2002, Feb 2004, Dec 2006, Dec 2008, Jan 2010, Feb 2011, Dec 2012
    Disneyland Trips: Feb 2006, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, Feb, March, June 2015 (x2), Nov 2015

Not a fanof the sight line

Up against the Carthay Circle? Absolutely! Jaring in every sense of design. Sometimes an overlay is not the best option. Explain the cohesion? Not Buena Vista Street, Not Hollywood. No Really even California! But now there is this huge-thing that has no reference to anything else in the park. This is just my opinion- bad placement. I love change and I love new sparkly things and nothing has to last for ever, but it has to make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by TWISTEDMICKEY99 View Post
    Up against the Carthay Circle? Absolutely! Jaring in every sense of design. Sometimes an overlay is not the best option. Explain the cohesion? Not Buena Vista Street, Not Hollywood. No Really even California! But now there is this huge-thing that has no reference to anything else in the park. This is just my opinion- bad placement. I love change and I love new sparkly things and nothing has to last for ever, but it has to make sense.
    I'm in agreement with everyone that's commented so far.

I realize the Carthay picture was specifically taken to make the point, and I'm guessing it's probably still possible to get a decent picture of Carthay, just not from that angle anymore (which I know I have certainly tried to do intentionally when it was ToT, as I'm sure many other people who like to take pictures have done in the past).
    -Dave

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Having now seen the building in person, I think it looks gorgeous. I can't wait to see what it'll look like when it's completed and especially what it'll look like at night. We were walking from Condor Flats (Is that what it's called now / still?) towards the center of DCA, and with the Carthay Circle building in front and the Tower in the back, it actually just makes Carthay Circle kind of dull and boring. It's been a pretty non-descript building all along, and that's now accented more when you see the Tower behind it.

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...