Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: POtC 50th Anniversary -Anything Happening?

POtC 50th Anniversary -Anything Happening?

I am going to be at the resort Saturday the 18th and realized I will be there for Pirates 50th anniversary. I was 11 years old and remember like yesterday the pirates swarming off of the Columbia and "breaking down" the doors to open up the attraction. My parents and I were one of the first ones on it after that. (Not sure if it was the actual March 18th date or earlier for filming as we saw it also on TV on the Wonderful World of Color special later on). But we were there! lol

So does anyone know if they are going to do anything special? Merchandise, food, drinks, entertainment, etc.? Will only be there a few hours but would love to see what they have.

Thanks!

ETA: Just saw the food/beverage offerings. But anything else?

Cruising the Seas... Looking for the Pearl

2. # ADS

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Romance @ Disney Goddess
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

"Guests may discover additional special surprises on March 18."

Hmmmmm

Hakuna Matata
    Parent of a Princess, Disney Cruise Line Community Leader, DL College Program Alum (PM me for info) , and former Disney Store Plush Princess
    There's nothing like listening to "Feed the Birds" while sitting on the steps of St. Paul's.

Is the ride opening up again tomorrow?

"If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwel View Post
    "Guests may discover additional special surprises on March 18."

Hmmmmm
    I wonder what Johnny Depp is doing this weekend.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    I wonder what Johnny Depp is doing this weekend.
    My daughter might just skip the wedding they are attending for that. She is hitting the park Friday by herself, as he has best man kinds of duties. Then Sunday and Monday park days. That would cinch her skipping the wedding. 😂

Quote Originally Posted by sjhanksaz View Post
    Is the ride opening up again tomorrow?
    This week's Disneyland Resort Update claims it opens back up tomorrow. If you can't believe MousePlanet, who can trust?
    "The show must…"/"Go on!" - Shakespeare in Love

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

yes the ride was open today (thursday May 16th). as of 9am the line was about 70 min long. I guess there was pent up demand (even if there are no new scenes to see).

I was able to pick up the LE pins, the Pirate sipper, and sample the Breakfast Burrito. The burrito was OK. The sipper is great (click here). They sell it at Mint JUlep Bar, Royal St. Veranda, French Market, and Harbour Galley. At 930am the Veranda was sold out. The Julep bar sooner than that, and the line for the Gold beignets was REALLY long so I did not wait. The French Market and Habour Galley opened at 11 so maybe there were more sippers. I did not stay to find out.

I also tried the punch. The pineapple juice in it was the strongest flavor but Mango was there too.

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Blog Entries

and one small annoyance..
    The boxed pint set is said to have a completer pin - and yet what looks like a pin really is not (the piece of eight). Its an attachment to the lid of the box and does not come off.

unless there were only 5 loose ones and the sixth treasure chest is the completer. Does anyone have more insight?

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    and one small annoyance..
    The boxed pint set is said to have a completer pin - and yet what looks like a pin really is not (the piece of eight). Its an attachment to the lid of the box and does not come off.

unless there were only 5 loose ones and the sixth treasure chest is the completer. Does anyone have more insight?
    I was there this morning. I doubt this helps since you were there too, but a cast member walked the line at Westward Ho where they sold the pin set exclusively. And I took this picture of them. The Disney Parks Blog post about the merchandise shows a separate POTC pin on its own backer. Might that be what you're looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    yes the ride was open today (thursday May 16th). as of 9am the line was about 70 min long. I guess there was pent up demand (even if there are no new scenes to see).

I was able to pick up the LE pins, the Pirate sipper, and sample the Breakfast Burrito. The burrito was OK. The sipper is great (click here). They sell it at Mint JUlep Bar, Royal St. Veranda, French Market, and Harbour Galley. At 930am the Veranda was sold out. The Julep bar sooner than that, and the line for the Gold beignets was REALLY long so I did not wait. The French Market and Habour Galley opened at 11 so maybe there were more sippers. I did not stay to find out.

I also tried the punch. The pineapple juice in it was the strongest flavor but Mango was there too.

Thanks for the food reviews and picture. I was there this morning as well, specifically to buy the Beauty and the Beast opening day pin. Then, the CM at Store Command made me aware of the AP exclusive POTC pin. I gave her look, she apologized, and I spent double what I originally planned to today. But I swung by New Orleans Square and the Mint Julep Bar. That line scared me away. I saw the pirate sipper and thought I could live without it just fine. Tho' if it doesn't sell out after this weekend, I may grab one next week. I got lunch at the Food and Wine Festival (still have tabs to use on my Sip and Savor lanyard), but I do want to try what they're offering for lunch at Harbour Galley one day.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gone2Disneyland View Post
    I was there this morning. I doubt this helps since you were there too, but a cast member walked the line at Westward Ho where they sold the pin set exclusively. And I took this picture of them. The Disney Parks Blog post about the merchandise shows a separate POTC pin on its own backer. Might that be what you're looking for?
    Your instagram image shows the boxed set - but not individual pins. I looked at that disc on the box - and its actually just a plastic covered paper disk as artwork. See images below. I think the Parks Blog cropped the image of the disc as a standalone item when in fact it was not offered as such. Unless Disneyland Pin sales really blew it. That's why I was wondering if the loose jewel pirates pins were 6 in number or 5. as you can see in the lifting paper image - there is no pin there.

Outside of box inside of cover lifting the paper a little

Got the AP one and the Purple Pirates one. The AP was so so. But loved the Purple Pirates. Reminded me of the MPC model from Pirates released in the 70's!!!

Trip was cancelled....but I hope everyone that went had a great time!

I did find the limited edition PotC 50th shirts on The Disney Store site. They are only going to be offered until the 23rd. Picked up a couple...so I have those

So was the special food limited to only this past weekend or is it still available?