Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Aug. 22-29

Aug. 22-29

Hi...me again...we are rethinking our Dec. trip and now looking at late August. While we like the idea of being at Disney during the Christmas season we are really not keen on the gigantic crowds. We were there once just before the US Thanksgiving and it was the busiest we have ever seen it. I can't imagine bigger crowds! There is the possibility we could all get away for a week in late Aug. which I understand can be a little less busy with the locals back to school. Is this still the case??

I am also wondering about a family suite. We usually stay at the HOJO, which we love! We will be traveling with my sister and spending a combined $4000 on two rooms for the week. Does anyone have a good recommendation for a family suite that sleeps 6, with a least two bathrooms and two separate bedrooms?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

2. # ADS

Look at Grand Legacy's new suites. There are 2 bedroom ones with a living area between. Formerly Ramada Maingate at the park.
    Haunted Mansion will be closed for the overlay by then. Or possibly your first day.

That should be a good time to go. LA unified starts Aug 14 and my kids district in Northern Cal start Aug 21 (as all of surrounding districts do).