Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Opening for Railroad & Rivers of America -when?

Opening for Railroad & Rivers of America -when?

So just wondering if there is any info out there on when these attractions are going to reopen.

I have not seen any recent photos of the work or how it is progressing.

"If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

2. # ADS

They still haven't set a date. Just saying Summer.

The MP Update still says Spring or later. I was kinda wondering if it would be earlier than summer then

Interesting. Since this thread and the announcement from Disney said Summer. Someone hasn't updated the update then. They may be waiting for an actual date to change it.
    https://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/sho...ers+of+america

They said spring of 2017 but that was before we had all the wet weather. I am sure that has put behind some.

I'm still wondering if the cars and locomotives will be able to negotiate the much tighter turns on the railroad. But smarter people than me have said they would, so until something happens to change that, I'll just have to believe it.

Steve

The second edition of my book on the history of the Disneyland Railroad, Welcome Aboard the Disneyland Railroad! - The Complete History in Words and Pictures, is now available! You can read more about the book and place your order here: Amazon

Quote Originally Posted by smd4 View Post
    I'm still wondering if the cars and locomotives will be able to negotiate the much tighter turns on the railroad. But smarter people than me have said they would, so until something happens to change that, I'll just have to believe it.
    At the speed in which they travel I am sure they will be able to.

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    IMHO the train will be slower - those turns are at much larger angles than previous turns. (Hungry Bear and former Big Thunder Ranch area. )
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by sjhanksaz View Post
    At the speed in which they travel I am sure they will be able to.
    Train speed has no bearing on whether the trains can physically negotiate the tighter curves.
    Steve

The second edition of my book on the history of the Disneyland Railroad, Welcome Aboard the Disneyland Railroad! - The Complete History in Words and Pictures, is now available! You can read more about the book and place your order here: Amazon

Train speed has no bearing on whether the trains can physically negotiate the tighter curves.
    I know but a tight turn and a quicker speed would not be comfortable for passengers either.

When we were there yesterday, one of the guy's told us it would be back up in July.

A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Quote Originally Posted by sjhanksaz View Post
    I know but a tight turn and a quicker speed would not be comfortable for passengers either.
    If the trains can't even get through the curves, passenger comfort would be moot.
    Steve

Cannot confirm this. But saw somewhere they will have a small grade to climb. That was the real worry that had occurred. Not much on slight "Left".

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing View Post
    Cannot confirm this. But saw somewhere they will have a small grade to climb. That was the real worry that had occurred. Not much on slight "Left".
    There has always been a grade in that area. Shortening the track length would make it more pronounced. Add to that the friction of the trains' wheels through the tighter curves and, well...I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
    Steve

I am sure Disney has thought about all of it. They seem to be on the ball.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

This little blurb was in an OC Register article recently: "The waterway [Rivers of America] is scheduled to be open to boat traffic again in the latter half of 2017, as is the Big Thunder Trail that connects Frontierland to the back side of Fantasyland."

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

On Thursday night we saw the sailing ship backed out and a bunch of people with hard hats on. Some were climbing up the ropes and had lights on their hard hats.

I wondered if they were doing some testing for the new Fantasmic.

There's water in the rivers again.

Does it go all the way around?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksheep Uncle View Post
    Yes

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksheep Uncle View Post

I peaked through the fence near the Hungry Bear and there was no water in the river in that area

Blog Entries

As posted today on several sites, including MousePlanet, the river has been filled all the way around as of this weekend. Even near Hungry Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    As posted today on several sites, including MousePlanet, the river has been filled all the way around as of this weekend. Even near Hungry Bear.

They are moving fast now, I wish I could have seen it filling.

Hey Hjhanksaz,

I took a sneak peek yesterday through the Hungry Bear fences and it looks like there is a bank now under the Hungry Bear....or maybe a temporary platform but if you peeked on the other side you could see water. So not sure what it will eventually look like but very excited to have the Rivers open again. There were lots and lots of hard hat workers over there.

I heard they were testing the Mark Twain around the island - does this mean it's opening up again soon?