Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: 2018 Princess Half Marathon Weekend

Contributing Writer RunningFool's Avatar
    Blog Entries

2018 Princess Half Marathon Weekend

Celebrate 10 magical years with fantasy-filled runs and a weekend straight out of a fairy tale!

It's a royal celebration and you're invited to join the Disney Princesses for all the fun during the 10th Anniversary of the Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend presented by Children's Miracle Network Hospitals and the 5th Anniversary of the Disney Fairy Tale Challenge. It's a storybook weekend chock full of magical runs, spectacular surprises, amazing sights, plenty of Disney entertainment, exclusive 10th Anniversary Finisher medals and much, much more! Princesses of every age are invited to join the festivities. Best of all, your favorite Disney Princesses will be cheering you on along the way!

Join the Disney Princesses for a memory-packed weekend of fun and magical runs during the 10th Anniversary Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend.

Early AP/DVC registration opens Thursday April 28th. General registration opens Tuesday May 2nd. Lines open 9:00 a.m. Pacific / 12:00 p.m. Eastern.

Entry Fees and Deadlines

Disney Princess Half Marathon
    $195

Disney Fairy Tale Challenge
    $340

Disney Princess Enchanted10K
    $120

Disney Princess 5K
    $80

runDisney Kids Races
    Dashes - $20
    One Mile Run - $30

RunningFool

Next non-Disney short distance event: Good question...
    Next non-Disney Half: TBD
    Next runDisney event: W&D Two Course Challenge & 5k

2. # ADS

Blog Entries

Okay Perfects and 2017 Princess participants. Watch for your 'thank you' email from runDisney which contains a link for early 2018 Princess registration.

RunningFool

Blog Entries

Early AP / DVC registration for the 2018 Princess Half Marathon weekend opened this morning at 9:00 a.m. Pacific / 12:00 p.m. Eastern. While I was able to get in with no issues thru the DLand AP site, I've heard the WDW site is having challenges. When I tried it, all looks good until clicking on the runDisney link which then keeps taking me to the 'renew your pass' page (well, I'm good thru 3/2018 so not inclined to go out much further right now...). Really glad I pre-signed up at the expo.

Looks like both the 10k and Fairy Tale Challenge went fast and are listed as sold out. The half, 5k, and kids races remain open.

If you didn't get in today, general registration opens Tuesday May 2nd @ 9:00 a.m. Pacific / 12:00 p.m. Eastern. Given this will be an anniversary year (and yes, they are showing the challenge as the 5th year even with the name change), be on-line when it opens as I'm betting it will sell out quickly.

RunningFool

Anyone else registering today? I'm hoping to get my 10 year old and myself in for the 5K. It'll be her first runDisney event!

heather

Next Run: Princess Half
    Next Disney trip: Disney World Feb 18-23

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by heatherya View Post
    Anyone else registering today? I'm hoping to get my 10 year old and myself in for the 5K. It'll be her first runDisney event!
    How cool on her first runDisney race! You'll have to let us know how she did and what she thought of the race.

I snuck in already and am looking forward to going 10 for 10 at Princess!
    RunningFool

Awesome! We're both in! Registration wasn't too bad...waited about 5 minutes in the waiting room and then was able to do back to back registrations. It put me right back into the registration form for dd when I was done. I didn't have to go back in the waiting room Can not wait for this!

heather

Next Run: Princess Half
    Next Disney trip: Disney World Feb 18-23

Blog Entries

Looks like both the Challenge and 10k are ON HOLD. All other events are open.

Both the Challenge and the 10k have SOLD OUT (on hold within minutes of opening/ closed in less than two hours). The 10th anniversary Half Marathon, 5k, and kids races are still open.

9:15 p.m. - the 5k is now officially SOLD OUT. 10th anniversary half marathon and kids races are all that remain open.

Last edited by RunningFool; 05-02-2017 at 08:19 PM.
    RunningFool

Blog Entries

Heads-up - proof of time is due by EOD today (Tuesday November 14th)!

RunningFool

Blog Entries

The 2018 Princess Half Marathon weekend medals are out! And guess who the half princess is...?

Check out all the medals including the 'WOW' challenge medal here.

RunningFool

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Freezing temps for last month's races, and now runDisney has issued a weather advisory as they're expecting heat and humidity for this weekend's races.

Good luck to those racing.

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So how did folks do? Any surprises? PRs? interesting interactions of note? I did see the push in social media to help find the lost locket. that was sad to hear.

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney