Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Alfresco Tasting Lounge at DCA

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Alfresco Tasting Lounge at DCA

This is the terrace located on the second floor above Wine Country Trattoria. I've been wanting to try it for a while, and we finally had a chance to have dinner there tonight. The menu seems a lot bigger than I recall when I looked at it previously, but I might just be mis-remembering. We had the beef tenderloin sliders (the beef was very nicely cooked, still pink, good flavor), the classic bruschetta was ok (I thought the parmesan pieces were too big and needed to be shredded more - they really overpowered the olive oil and garlic), and my favorite was the fritto misto (lightly breaded calamari, mussels, green beans and artichoke hearts). Here are pics of those items. The husband had a flight of reds and enjoyed tasting two new wines. There are a few other things on the menu I'm interested in trying. Here's the menu.

It was busy but not full when we were there, and the staff was pretty attentive. It was a little cold out tonight, but they had the heaters on, so it made for a pleasant outdoor evening. The winds had blown away the earlier rain clouds, and there was a terrific view. I was sad to see the empty seating for the other restaurant that used to be there. I still wish they'd do something with that space.

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

2. # ADS

Thanks for sharing! I've been meaning to try this for quite awhile, it just never ends up happening. Hopefully soon :-)

We've been meaning to try this, too. Always aiming for a warmer day in hopes that Giorgio the cat will show up. Must move this up the list of priorities!

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    Always aiming for a warmer day in hopes that Giorgio the cat will show up.
    While we were there, one of the people at the next table seemed to be calling to / looking at a cat for part of the time.

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

I've heard that he is quite friendly and will come right up to your table when he's in the mood.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    While we were there, one of the people at the next table seemed to be calling to / looking at a cat for part of the time.
    I'm thinking a progressive dinner might be in the future....
    Planning 3 trips at once...

Never even knew this place existed! Now I am intrigued! We will have to try it sometime soon!
    Bonus if there's a friendly cat haha, I miss eating at Hungry Bear and seeing the kitties on the patio :3

Do you have to have reservations through the restaurant for the tasting lounge or is it a drop in kind of thing similar to Carthay lounge?

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gibson510 View Post
    Do you have to have reservations through the restaurant for the tasting lounge or is it a drop in kind of thing similar to Carthay lounge?
    It's like the Carthay lounge. The Alfresco Tasting Lounge doesn't accept reservations. Strictly walk-up only.

CL--DLR Trip Planning and DVC Toocherie's Avatar

We have often had the kitty come and visit when we have been there.

"Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson