Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Annual Pass Question

Annual Pass Question

Hi. I'm a little nervous about one thing. I have a trip coming up in April, and have purchased the Premium Pass, an annual pass. It shows in my account on the WDW website, but I haven't received anything. Is this just automatically tied into my Magic Band, or do I need to do something to activate it? Thanks.

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

2. # ADS

When I started my October trip by purchasing a new pass (I had let my previous pass expire since I had enough of a gap for the price difference vs. a continuous renewal discount to make sense for me), I ended up at the guest relations area in front of MK to show my ID and pick up the card pass (for discounts and such - I know you know the drill there).

It normally would have been done at the ticket booths (any park), I believe. I was just a very late arrival and the ticket booths were already closed up for the night at the TTC. I was still determined to at least set foot in the park since it was the actual 45th anniversary date!

Once I did that, they linked the pass to my MDE, and all my previous MBs I had with me worked fine for the rest of my trip.

To be honest with you, I don't recall exactly what made me know I needed to do that, but I wasn't surprised by it. I must have either gotten an email or a postcard/letter in the mail indicating how to activate my new pass. Did you buy it only in the last few days? If so, there is probably a letter on it's way to you.

-Dave

I bought it several weeks ago, and haven't seen anything to indicate what I'm supposed to do to activate it.

- James Taylor

I do believe it is not activated until you are physically there. Unless procedures have changed (I haven't been back for a year and a half), you activate it at guest services at any of the parks. I do believe they will link it to your Magic Band then.

Widowed Mom to 3 (DS17)(DS15)(DD12)

I'll give that a shot - thanks!

- James Taylor

I found the info for my trip. When I bought the pass, it took me to a screen that looked like the below when I purchased it. (orange box added by me, and it also had all of the billing data below it, which I obviously didn't include). Note it also says it should have sent you an email to the account you use for MDE.

Sorry for poor resolution - computer is fighting with me on the graphic capture for some reason and I don't have time to figure out why right now.

Essentially it says to bring your confirmation #, credit card you used for the charge and an ID to any ticket booth to pick up your pass.

Attachment 9052

Last edited by Dave1313; 03-01-2017 at 03:22 AM.
    -Dave

Thanks, Dave.

- James Taylor