Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Which recordings would you like on a 6 CD 50th Anniversary set in 2021?

Blog Entries

Which recordings would you like on a 6 CD 50th Anniversary set in 2021?

IN 2005 I was given a 6 CD collection of music and recordings of attractions for Disneyland's 50th Anniversary. It came in a red box and included a thin, but impressive book.

I hope there is a similar collection in 2021 for WDW's 50th. If there is, what (besides everything), would you like included?

I'd like:

The Sherman Brothers great music for a good 3D movie, "Magic Journeys"

Brief segments from "RCA Leads the Way" (in Space Mountain in the 1970s),
    and "If You Had Wings"

Several songs from "The Golden Horseshoe Revue"

Everything from "The American Adventure" and "The Hall of Presidents"

"Listen to the Land"

"The Universe of Energy"

A recording from the monorail spiel with that great voice from the 1970s and 80s. (I think he worked at KFI in L.A. and may have been used in the 90s and beyond.)

Also a few seconds of the 1970s Fantasyland attractions exit spiel, "When the car stops, get out to the right. Get out to the right, please." (For me it's America's "Mind to gap!")

A couple of the recorded voices that played in the WDW information radio station after you entered the property and drive 7 miles to the giant Magic Kingdom parking lot.

If space is ltd., feel free to exclude the Gilbert Gottfried version of the Tiki Room.

Last edited by jcruise86; 02-26-2017 at 10:46 AM.

2. # ADS

Definitely include, "If You Had Wings".

I would enjoy the Adventureland walk-in music that played as you crossed the bridge. (I think that's been changed?)
    Anything from Mr.Toad and/or 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

It would be fun to hear some of the audio from Jack Wagner that used to play outside the old ticket booths - "Welcome to a magical place called . . . Disneyland."

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

If I'm missing the intent of the theme (not familiar with the DL 50th product you refer to), you will have to excuse me (otherwise I can't imagine why neither would be mentioned - unless they just get on people's nerves ):

I'd say at least part of Fantasmic and the Electrical Parade. (I know there have been whole CDs sold for the music from the entire performance of each - I think I have a F! one and it has both WDW and DL versions included)

Maybe for Fantasmic, just the opening until the transition away from Mickey's solo, for the Electrical Parade, I guess any section of the Baroque Hoedown, your choice for the sub-theming (bees/turtles, Alice in wonderland, Honor America, etc)

-Dave

Personally, since it would be the Magic Kingdom, I would focus only on music from that park and not add any of the other parks.

I don't know and I don't care if It's a Small World. It's a nice day when you wake up in Disneyland.

Quote Originally Posted by WITron View Post
    Personally, since it would be the Magic Kingdom, I would focus only on music from that park and not add any of the other parks.
    A fair point. I'll take back my Fantasmic suggestion if we were to restrict to just MK. I think I tend to be unduly biased toward liking Fantasmic a lot since I saw it for the first time around 6 1/2 yeas ago after having not been to DL for 20 years. It totally impressed me as part of my return. Of course, I'm also biased towards the DL version for the same reason, but I do also like the DHS version. I just can't fairly say how much it would have impressed me if it was my first experience with it.

I wasn't sure of all the ones originally listed were just MK or not. (if my Googling skills didn't just fail me, at least one or 2 were Epcot based, yes?).
    -Dave

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WITron View Post
    I respect your opinion, but since it will also be the 50th Anniversary of the Walt Disney World resort, I'd prefer that this 6 CD collection (IF there is one), cover the history of the whole resort, even if the Disneyland collection didn't cover DCA.

But, Dan Young, I'd leave out DisneyLAND. Did they play that at WDW?

To be honest, I don't know. I'd kinda imagine that his voice was there, as the place opened in '71 and he didn't die till 2006.

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

How about a segment on those little overlooked audio treasures, the phone conversation on the party line, the dance instructor's directions, the background spiel at the Jungle Cruise. Things like that in addition to the obvious music choices, the parades and fireworks shows.

TulaBelle
    Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever.

Love If You Have Wings. Such nostalaga there!

April Showers and Easter 2024!