Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Looks like the daily rains are coming!

Looks like the daily rains are coming!

I hope I'm being helpful by passing this along. We finally had an afternoon "shower" yesterday in Orlando. It was a very small amount but we haven't had any rain at all since March.
    So I listened to the weather reports and it looks like we are back on schedule for our daily summer afternoon rains. Yeah!!!

So don't forget to pack your umbrella or rain poncho when you come down!
    And if you see someone dancing in the rain, it's just me! We need this rain badly.

I hope everyone has a magical vacation,
    GnP

2. # ADS

Just checked the 10 day forecast for when I will be there next week, Sunday through Wednesday. No rain in the schedule!

The Weather Channel website is certainly oscillating like traditional FL predictions for next week's weather today!

I looked at the 10 day earlier (maybe an hour or 2 ago) when I saw this post, and it said 100% for this Friday, now it says 60%.

Whatever it is, it looks like it will be better than a typical August!

I like the lower than 50% humidity that is showing for almost the whole week!

-Dave

Quote Originally Posted by jrsharp21 View Post
    Just checked the 10 day forecast for when I will be there next week, Sunday through Wednesday. No rain in the schedule!
    Yep I see that too. The tv weather guy said that could change with moisture coming off the ocean in the afternoon. I'm not sure what he was looking at. But I do see the rest of May looking more normal with some type of showers each day. I'll be keeping my umbrella handy at work every day from here on out.

I hope everyone has a magical day!
    GnP

Quote Originally Posted by Goodnplenty View Post
    Yep I see that too. The tv weather guy said that could change with moisture coming off the ocean in the afternoon. I'm not sure what he was looking at. But I do see the rest of May looking more normal with some type of showers each day. I'll be keeping my umbrella handy at work every day from here on out.

I hope everyone has a magical day!
    GnP
    As long as it rains while I am in the conference, I will be all good with that! But once the last session is over for the day, let the sky clear up!

Waiting impatiently for next trip quackinup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jrsharp21 View Post
    As long as it rains while I am in the conference, I will be all good with that! But once the last session is over for the day, let the sky clear up!
    A nice heavy rain right before you get out to run some people out of the parks would be nice.....well, except that I'll be one of them, and I won't be leaving lol
    Zip-a-dee-doo-dah!
    Next trip: Disney World May 1-9 2020

Brother but we are having crazy hot weather here, but not too much humidity.
    I've only had 3 rains since my last post and not much either time. The forecasts just keep drying up. *sigh* We need the rain badly. I've stopped bringing my umbrella with me to work, so that should make it rain right? Or maybe I should pretend was the car and see if that helps.

GnP

I coulda used some of this rain last week, when the afternoon temp was around 98!

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    I coulda used some of this rain last week, when the afternoon temp was around 98!
    Ouch Dan! I feel your pain. This is the time of year I start using my Orlando rule when parking the car, "Shade trumps distance to the door."

GnP

Quote Originally Posted by Goodnplenty View Post
    I've stopped bringing my umbrella with me to work, so that should make it rain right? Or maybe I should pretend was the car and see if that helps.
    Omg, did I type that??? "I should pretend to wash the car and see if that helps."

Sorry I didn't catch that. I'm letting you all down . . . . .

- James Taylor

It definitely was hot! The early mornings and evening were so nice. But it got hot really quick. When I got to MK yesterday around 8am it was very pleasant. Then around 11am you could feel how hot it was going to be. By 1pm it was really hot. It was 97 when I left for the airport. The part that made it bearable was it wasn't all that humid. It felt more like a California heat than a normal Florida heat.

That's exactly how it was when I was there - high temps but not that ungodly high humidity. Bearable, just barely.

- James Taylor

That's exactly how it was when I was there - high temps but not that ungodly high humidity. Bearable, just barely.
    But still better than being at work, right?
    Nick Andrews, DL misc74-76,85,91,12/11,1/13, WDW 78,83,85,1/92-8/92,95,99,04x8,5/11,2/12, 9/12,6/13,3/14,11/14,3/15,9/15,4/16,9/16,12/16,4/17,11/17,4/18,10/18,1/19,5/19,10/19, 2/20, 9/20, 1/21, DLP 3/20
    Magic Kingdom Cast Member 1/92-8/92 (WDW CP) 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

Quote Originally Posted by nickjandrews View Post
    But still better than being at work, right?
    I know this isn't exactly politically correct, but no, a hot day at WDW is NOT better than being at work. Course, I love my job. And I've been in enough weather extremes while on vacation to know that, for me, a really hot (or really cold or really wet) day at WDW just isn't fun, especially when you think of all the money I've spent to be there.
    - James Taylor

Was like that when I was there right after you, but I don't think I ever got into the 90's. Humidity was below 50 for most of the days, but towards the end and during my Universal days it crept up into mid 70's.
    Zip-a-dee-doo-dah!

Yeah, it was actually pretty nice my last day. And with the forecast for the next week in the 80's, I just had bad luck in not visiting a week later.

- James Taylor

I enjoyed a short monsoon outside of MK this past Monday, 5/23. Lots of rain, wind and lighting. But I waited for 15 minutes at the bus stop and got a break. I was surprised it rained so late, around 7pm...

Yeah, it was actually pretty nice my last day. And with the forecast for the next week in the 80's, I just had bad luck in not visiting a week later.
    yup, I was right behind you and it stayed right in the mid 80's the whole time.
    Zip-a-dee-doo-dah!

Rub it in, whydontcha?

- James Taylor

Rub it in, whydontcha?
    OK, I was there that week too and the weather was indeed phenomenal! (Sorry, but I couldn't resist!)

I did think it had heated up a little the middle of the week, but no humidity whatsoever.

I had CMS at Geyser Point say something to me about sitting in the "heat" at breakfast, but I didn't consider it that hot, even in the sun.

I was even brave enough to not cart my umbrella with me through the parks the weather reports were so clear. (did still have the poncho in case of actual sudden downpour)
    -Dave